Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:02 PM

233 posts, read 904,322 times

Advertisements

Well, if I find a 26" or 27" LCD tv advertised for less than $500, I will be out there standing in line somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 12:06 PM

257 posts, read 1,078,129 times
I don't have a family but if I did, I think I would try to make as many gifts as I could and encourage the others to do the same, those are the ones to treasure.

Also,I work on all the holidays, and put up the Christmas in August so I just go to church on Christmas Day, and Thank God I am alive! And greatful for the birth of Jesus!.......I usually have "pizza" LOL

Old 11-19-2006, 12:15 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,578,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYnowNC View Post
Well, if I find a 26" or 27" LCD tv advertised for less than $500, I will be out there standing in line somewhere.
No need to stand on line if you want to spend a bit more money and save the hassle of waiting and searching. Sixth Ave. electronics has a Olevia 27" LCD on sale for $550. (it's get's good reviews) they also have a Akai 27" LCD for about $590. I saw them both and the pictures are good (the feed for them was on a off air H.D. antennae). I'm sure if they were connected to cable or sat. they would be even better. We were shopping for a 23" for our spare room and found them at 6th. ave. I think were going with the Akai. The Olevia is H.D. ready / the Akai is H.D. Happy hunting.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:26 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,958,709 times
I wait until a couple of days before Christmas and panic shop It's the only way I can get myself motivated to shop in the holidays and it's amazing with the sand in the hourglass running out how quickly you decide on presents for specific people!

Old 11-19-2006, 12:30 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,688 times
No Way! It's a combat zone out there.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:17 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,608,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I wait until a couple of days before Christmas and panic shop It's the only way I can get myself motivated to shop in the holidays and it's amazing with the sand in the hourglass running out how quickly you decide on presents for specific people!
You sound like my husband. He usually shops on Christmas Eve day, then rushes home, and hibernates in the bedroom for an hour or two, while he bags, yes, bags, (no wrapping here, if he can help it ), everything he bought. Then. he proudly marches out to the tree, and deposits the loot. In his defense, though, he actually does a good job shopping. Of course, it helps when I have already done most of the shopping!

Old 11-19-2006, 01:27 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,155,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I would have a nervous breakdown, I am sure!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,180 times
well...all i have to say is this was my first year going..and i made it..I went to K-b toys..they open at 12am..i was there at 3:30am ...5 people where in the store..then to toy-r-us about 60 people..got great deals ...I never saw any thing crazy...nothing happened to me....everybody was nice...

Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,989,014 times
My only experiences with Black Friday are as a worker. I refuse to go shopping. I remember the madhouse the gas stations were as people who were rushing from one sale to another stopped to grab a hotdog or doughnut and some coffe or soda to keep going. Now that I work in a mall I have problems finding a place to park just so I can get to work. To me it is crazy to be rushing to stores on the day after Thanksgiving to shop. The fact that they discount things so much just prove to me how marked up they are during the rest of the year.

There is not one single thing that I need or want so badly that I would venture out on a shopping trip the day after Thanksgiving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products