Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 11:16 AM

152 posts, read 174,182 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been to Target during the week, mid-day? It cracks me up....men are clearly outnumbered. It is a ton of women! A lot of stay-at-home moms (love ya, used to be one), and women over 40. I don't notice it as much when I am at Walmart, there seems to be just as many males to females. Lately it's been my sanctuary on my lunch break. It's so much nicer than Walmart !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 12:20 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
It does seem like it's a ladies store and the women are much more attractive than the Walmart crowd.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:49 PM

152 posts, read 174,182 times
Agreed. I read an article recently that people who shop at Target make about $10,000/yr than Walmart shoppers. The more I go to both of them I realize how much nicer of an experience it is to be at Target.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:59 PM

78 posts, read 77,488 times
I like the grocery store aspect more than super Walmart except for less choices. However, even though target offers better style, the quality isn't much better or at all with higher prices. I shop there for specific items or sale. For style and quality, discounters such as Ross, tjmaxx etc offer better deals. As for overall aesthetics in shopping experience, target is better than walmart though.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:08 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Where I live, Target might be "nicer" than Walmart, but I tend to choose Walmart because:
  • I'm primarily buying health/beauty items, household cleaning items, things like batteries & lightbulbs at stores like Target or Walmart. For these supplies, Walmart in my area has much better prices than Target.
  • I don't really buy clothes or shoes at either of these stores, but from what I see, Target's do look a little nicer. Once in a great while, I'll buy a cool looking pair of flannel pajama pants or something like that, but I think I've done that equally at both stores.
  • I also don't go to either of those stores for electronics, so I have no idea if one is superior to the other.
  • The Target where live always has maybe 1-2 lanes/registers open, and there is usually a line and a long wait. They also have those weird lanes with one row of registers in front of another row of registers, so it's hard to tell if a line is feeding one register or two. Every time I'm in Target I end up in a line with someone in front of me having some item that isn't scanning, or they are trying to fight over a price of something. In Walmart, on the other hand, there are always tons of lanes open. And as soon as two or more people are in line, they quickly run out and open another register. Plus, they have self-scan lanes, so I don't even have to deal with a cashier if I don't want to.
So even though Walmart gets ridiculed, and even though there are, yes, some strange-looking or strangely dressed people there, I prefer Walmart over Target. To me, the prices for the items I buy all the time, and the ease of paying without a long wait is worth going to the "lower class" place.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I don't shop at Walmart very much because it is never a pleasant experience.

I honestly don't care for Target that much either. There isn't much there that I can't get elsewhere for a good or better price, and there are places where the merch is better quality.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
They are interchangeable to me; one just puts stock in having a more stylish aesthetic. But it's the same crap, really. At Target, you just pay a bit more for the cuter ambience.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:35 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
Yeah, Wal-mart is relatively less expensive than Target. However, I agree that the clientele @ Target is much classier.

Also, to be blunt, the patrons @ Wal-mart are in many cases quite trashy. I was walking to my local Wal-mart a while back & minding my own business, when out of the blue some insane woman also going into the store started screaming for no reason - crazy b$#@%!!!!!

Old 10-16-2015, 11:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Still the same retail crap. You just get sold the notion that one is "classier. "

Old 10-17-2015, 03:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Women "over 40" are often also SAHM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products