U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 04:04 PM

28,048 posts, read 16,329,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I'm still a little confused by this. If the samsung guy is just a rep he's probably not employed by best buy. Our reps at our stores are not employed by us but work for whatever manufacturer they represent. They get their communication from their companies, their bosses. Communication with them is pretty minimal and if you had a rep tell you something that was incorrect you might want to let the manager of best buy know about it. It's probably not a problem with best buy, but with samsung for not properly training the rep.
We did because it did misrepresent them and made me think it was in stock when it really wasn't. Is it really that hard for a vender to ask an employee at the store to double check the stock. Remember, most people don't realize that one person may actually work for the store but the other guy doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 05:23 PM

12,304 posts, read 11,057,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The employee (a Samsung employee that worked in the Best Buy) mentioned a Samsung Tab A was in stock with "tons" but when I asked the Best Buy employee, they had none. I'm sorry but they are representing Best Buy. Perhaps it is misinformed but it still is wrong to say one thing that deceives the customer and it is the opposite.
Best Buy sells things online and has a ton more in stock there than the stores. There could be 25 million in a warehouse. You can order items and have them sent to you or the store which is pretty common.

A Samsung employee probably wouldn't know what the stocking levels are in a store unless they are physically stocking the store like the bread, Coke, and Pepsi guys do at grocery stores.

They may have had 10 that morning and sold them during the day.

I wouldn't say you were lied to. Inventory levels change constantly. It's not like the person was malicious and out to get you!

Old 10-17-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
We did because it did misrepresent them and made me think it was in stock when it really wasn't. Is it really that hard for a vender to ask an employee at the store to double check the stock. Remember, most people don't realize that one person may actually work for the store but the other guy doesn't.
IS it really that hard for a customer to ask an employee at the store to double check the stock? Look for the folks wearing the blue Best Buy shirts. And no vendors don't always have option of asking store employees to do anything. Many vendors aren't allowed customer interaction. They're not store employees.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
IS it really that hard for a customer to ask an employee at the store to double check the stock? Look for the folks wearing the blue Best Buy shirts. And no vendors don't always have option of asking store employees to do anything. Many vendors aren't allowed customer interaction. They're not store employees.
The Samsung ones are though and do interact with customers...

Old 10-17-2015, 06:16 PM

275 posts, read 257,548 times
I think it might be possible that a Samsung employee would be more familiar with their stock than the best buy employee. In some places they are called leased departments and they have their own stock room.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:24 PM

21,540 posts, read 24,681,268 times
Quote:
Manufacturers representatives are supposed to make sure all demo units are functional and are supposed to interact with customers for giving information only. Depending on store volume the may be given the amount of a certain item available in the store at the start of their visit and availability from the warehouse. The manufacturers representatives do not have access to the stores inventory system. Also keep in mind that Best Buy has a pay at home/pick up at store option. So what may be a 100 in stock at 10am may be 0 by 11am. Due to retail stores being busy the manufacturers representatives may not be told that the store inventory was gone within a reasonable time period.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
The person still didn't lie to you. Your initial post sounded like something major happened.....not something minor like being incorrect about inventory. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:22 PM

11,163 posts, read 14,808,380 times
Quote:
That's on the rep though, not on Best Buy. Poor performance on his part not to check with the store and not to let you know he wasn't a store employee.
The store usually doesn't have control over reps, even if the rep is working IN the store. We have a rep that maintains an area for us who is AWFUL and we have asked to have another rep sent in her place, and it never happens. The best we can do is try to do most of her job for her so that she is in and out of our store with as little customer interaction as possible.
So it might do some good to let the manager of that store know you had a problem, so that they can pass the info on to the company the rep works for.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
That's on the rep though, not on Best Buy. Poor performance on his part not to check with the store and not to let you know he wasn't a store employee.
The store usually doesn't have control over reps, even if the rep is working IN the store. We have a rep that maintains an area for us who is AWFUL and we have asked to have another rep sent in her place, and it never happens. The best we can do is try to do most of her job for her so that she is in and out of our store with as little customer interaction as possible.
So it might do some good to let the manager of that store know you had a problem, so that they can pass the info on to the company the rep works for.
I did, I wont see where that goes as I've written off Best Buy due to this and a previous case where they were out on printers with a similar stock issue.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:10 AM

8,219 posts, read 7,255,851 times
My old employer used to brag that he lied to the customer to get more sales in manufacturing , and it usually end up being late past the due date , and sometimes the customers never came back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products