Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 10:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
My old employer used to brag that he lied to the customer to get more sales in manufacturing , and it usually end up being late past the due date , and sometimes the customers never came back
Yeah, eventually you will lose customers by lying and deceiving customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 11:30 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I did, I wont see where that goes as I've written off Best Buy due to this and a previous case where they were out on printers with a similar stock issue.
WOW!!! Won't go back to Best Buy because a product rep was wrong about something AND another time they were out of printers when you got there..

What are you - 5 years old...

Old 10-18-2015, 11:59 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,107,382 times
Much of the "lying to customers" thing is not lying as much as having the salesperson just make something up. Is it in stock YES! (no?). Does this feature improve the quality (YES!) How do I make this work (SHAKE IT!). Will this paint cover stains on the wall (YES!) How many people prefer this brand (EVERYONE!) The point is, many sales people do not respect their customers. And they think that they don't need to. The end result is that their non-lie has the same effect as an out-and-out, deviously conceived, lie.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:22 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
It's Best Buy...sort of like the K-Mart of the appliance/electronics word. You don't go there expecting service or anything other than the occasional "bargain".

Old 10-18-2015, 01:08 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,138,222 times
People shouldn't lie in general, but for an uncomfortable number of folks it's not just an occasional happenstance -- it's a way of life. I'd wager most people either don't realize or care how often they lie.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Much of the "lying to customers" thing is not lying as much as having the salesperson just make something up. Is it in stock YES! (no?). Does this feature improve the quality (YES!) How do I make this work (SHAKE IT!). Will this paint cover stains on the wall (YES!) How many people prefer this brand (EVERYONE!) The point is, many sales people do not respect their customers. And they think that they don't need to. The end result is that their non-lie has the same effect as an out-and-out, deviously conceived, lie.
Thank you, finally a like mind that isn't saying that I have some silly expectation. These issues do hurt whether it us the individual or in the end the stores and their parent company when sales go down. FYI, not sure if it is a good indicator but the Best Buy I am talking about has an under 2.5 aggregate rating.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:53 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
I went to Best Buy today and the item I wanted was on sale last week, and I mentioned it to the salesperson and they gave me that item at that sales price.
2 months ago a similar situation, I wanted a printer that was on sale over a week before with a $20.00 savings. The salesperson with no hesitation gave me the sales price for that printer.
Most of the salespeople on the floor have the authority to make decisions like that or at least find someone who does. I've been happy with Best Buy for over 20 years of buying from them. They have always been courteous and helpful.
They do have price matching in which they do not argue with you about, you just get it. They look up every price on their computers from competitors.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I went to Best Buy today and the item I wanted was on sale last week, and I mentioned it to the salesperson and they gave me that item at that sales price.
2 months ago a similar situation, I wanted a printer that was on sale over a week before with a $20.00 savings. The salesperson with no hesitation gave me the sales price for that printer.
Most of the salespeople on the floor have the authority to make decisions like that or at least find someone who does. I've been happy with Best Buy for over 20 years of buying from them. They have always been courteous and helpful.
They do have price matching in which they do not argue with you about, you just get it. They look up every price on their computers from competitors.
Previously that has worked. This stocking issue however is a big problem. Why would I shop there if I am unsure if they have the product I am looking for there?

Old 10-18-2015, 09:03 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Should they? I thought that's all they did.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:22 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The employee (a Samsung employee that worked in the Best Buy) mentioned a Samsung Tab A was in stock with "tons" but when I asked the Best Buy employee, they had none. I'm sorry but they are representing Best Buy. Perhaps it is misinformed but it still is wrong to say one thing that deceives the customer and it is the opposite.
Are you serious? It really depends what kind of Samsung employee you were talking with- but mainly, what kid of job he had. How do you know he wasn't dealing with inventory for Black Friday for November and THOUGHT every store was saturated with the item you are talking about?

A vendor is in the complete dark with any store inventory. ( I'll trade your Best Buy experience for the lousy experience I had with Wal-Mart, today)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products