U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 05:18 PM

13,061 posts, read 7,932,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Well, this has left an extremely bad taste in my mouth. I'm so sorry that I have a life and things to do and wasn't able to check on this until 5 pm this afternoon. I shouldn't have to "rush" to buy anything, unless it's a concert or a sporting event, which this is not.
It was a limited edition product. Of course you would have to buy it early. Why would you think you could just buy a limited edition product at your leisure?

Just a warning, if you think products should always just be there waiting for you for when it is convenient for you to buy them, don't ever go shopping on Black Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 PM

4,444 posts, read 4,709,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Yeppers.
And the OP should have known that, as Back to the Future Day WAS in his status until three minutes ago...
But still, I expected them to have enough to last all of today, at least. Why is this not reasonable?

If they had a million of these, maybe 2, they'd have enough to last all of today, and maybe have a few left to sell tomorrow. The thing that gets me is that they don't even have a thing on their website saying "sorry, we're sold out" - they don't have anything at all stating they had this at all.

I think this was a very poorly-executed move by Pepsi Corp.

Just my opinion, of course.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It was a limited edition product. Of course you would have to buy it early. Why would you think you could just buy a limited edition product at your leisure?

Just a warning, if you think products should always just be there waiting for you for when it is convenient for you to buy them, don't ever go shopping on Black Friday.
I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing - in fact, if I was President, one of my first acts would be to make it illegal...lol.

And yes, I'm a demanding shopper, I *always* expect things to be available, at the price it was advertised for. I fail to see why anyone would think different.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
But still, I expected them to have enough to last all of today, at least. Why is this not reasonable?
Look, if it was something you really wanted then you would have made time for it at some point today before 5pm. You waited that late, so obviously its not that important (as it really shouldn't be).

Old 10-21-2015, 06:15 PM

Yay - us "demanding shoppers" have been heard.

On the shopPepsi site, it says check back Nov 3rd.

Looks like the shareholders have made their voices heard as well...lol.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:29 PM

5,443 posts, read 3,596,736 times
Don't feel bad, they were sold out because only a limited number were sold. But such a thing existed so it was not a hoax and you should not sweat it.
Continue drinking Pepsi if you like, there are real scams out there and you were not a victim thankfully.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:10 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,439,064 times
Quote:

Looks like the shareholders have made their voices heard as well.
Really?
Link please!

Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Yay - us "demanding shoppers" have been heard.

On the shopPepsi site, it says check back Nov 3rd.

Looks like the shareholders have made their voices heard as well...lol.
Hopefully you've learned that if you want something limited edition, to get it early. I'm sure they'll sell out pretty quickly on November 3 as well, as they will not have an unlimited supply of Pepsi Perfects.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:54 PM

26,158 posts, read 15,744,726 times
I wonder what Doc and Marty are doing now??

Old 10-21-2015, 07:59 PM

11,617 posts, read 20,774,393 times
I'm just laughing over someone being so upset and stomping their feet over soda!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products