U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 03:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 4,140,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I fail to see why you think I'm in the wrong to think this way. I've never encountered someone with your opinion in my life.

This is an excellent example of what "limited edition" means:

Five Amazing New Pop-Tart Flavors You Need To Know About

They will only be on sale for a limited time but quanities will be more or less unlimited during this time. There's nothing wrong with me expecting the same from Pepsi - especially at $20 a bottle.
No. You are wrong. Again.

Limited edition and limited time mean two different things. One designates a segment in "the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole." The other represents a quantity. Perhaps you should be brushing up on vocabulary and reading comprehension rather than wasting your time believing you are being abused by the makers of soft drinks and breakfast treats.

PS: Get your blood sugar checked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 04:02 PM

This just in...the bottle you want is available for sale through the internet. Just buy one and stop whining.

New Back to The Future Pepsi Perfect Cola Bottle Limited Edition Oct 21 2015 | eBay

Old 10-23-2015, 04:02 PM

4,444 posts, read 4,709,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Yeah... everyone is wrong and you are right.
Well, at least you got that.
:::sheesh::: Talk about belaboring a point... especially an invalid one!
I'm "belaboring" this point, since I *know* I'm right - I've got 1000's of people backing me, and I refuse to stand down and be told I'm wrong when I'm most certainly right about this.

I will keep responding to this thread until I'm finally able to get my point across - or people quit replying.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
This just in...the bottle you want is available for sale through the internet. Just buy one and stop whining.

New Back to The Future Pepsi Perfect Cola Bottle Limited Edition Oct 21 2015 | eBay
You're nutz. I want to buy it for $20.15, from the original seller.

I can "whine" all I want - this is the USA and it is my right to do so. Pepsi has already backed down due to people like me, and I suspect they'll keep doing so to preserve their public image. Is this so difficult to understand?

Old 10-23-2015, 04:14 PM

14,839 posts, read 17,900,956 times

All I can say at this point is...

Old 10-23-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
You're nutz. I want to buy it for $20.15, from the original seller.

I can "whine" all I want - this is the USA and it is my right to do so. Pepsi has already backed down due to people like me, and I suspect they'll keep doing so to preserve their public image. Is this so difficult to understand?
What's difficult to understand is why you believe there is some sort of constitutionally guaranteed right to purchase any product at the time and price of your choosing. Add American History and a civics course to those subjects in which you need remedial work.

Regarding you "want to but it for $20.15, from the original seller," I refer you to a famous quote: "You can't always get what you want." - Sir M.P. Jagger, 1969

Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
What's difficult to understand is why you believe there is some sort of constitutionally guaranteed right to purchase any product at the time and price of your choosing. Add American History and a civics course to those subject in which you need remedial work.

Regarding you "want to but it for $20.15, from the original seller," I refer you to a famous quote: "You can't always get what you want." - Sir M.P. Jagger, 1969
But, change can be affected if people voice their opinion. Like I said before, Pepsi has already backed down and will offer it for sale on Nov 3rd, due to people like me voicing their opinion.

And for those who think I'm being a troll, please, do yourself a favor and don't reply. I'm only participating in this thread to prove a point. That's all.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:47 AM

28,069 posts, read 16,329,186 times
They announced it as a pretty rare product with a flash promotion. THAT SAID, the link issue is what caused the marketing problem, not the actual roll-out plan in this case.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:14 AM

3,300 posts, read 2,115,621 times
They will have more on sale on November 3rd, at 9:00 am, online. Pepsi admitted they had accidentally sold them ahead of schedule, so are making up for it on this date. These will be limited too, so get up early and check Pepsi site early. Pepsi said the bottles will cost 20.00 each.
More Back to the Future Pepsi Perfect Will Be Sold

Old 10-24-2015, 06:23 AM

15,017 posts, read 12,214,713 times
According to this article: 'Blind with rage': Pepsi Perfect shortage infuriates 'Back to the Future' fans - CNET the OP will have a second chance. I quote from that link: "The company will offer up a second limited run of 6,500 Pepsi Perfect packages through shop.pepsi.com on November 3 at 6 a.m PT. Pricing will once again be $20.15."

Of course, if everything goes off without a hitch, the original Perfect Pepsi fans will complain because their bottles are not worth as much as before the second sale date. It is a vicious cycle and it is hard to keep everybody happy.

I am just glad I switched many years ago to ShopRite's $.88/2 liter bottles. By this time I have easily saved more than the $999 that E-bay wants for one bottle of the 'Perfect Pepsi'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products