U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 12:34 PM

11,163 posts, read 14,808,380 times

Advertisements

It's about available space and labor. It's a lot of work to fill up those aisles and move stuff around, The day after halloween the push is on to push all the leftover stuff into as little space as possible while it continues to sell down. The leftover stuff isn't really profitable anymore so it isn't given much space, space is money!
It's more productive and profitable to fill the now empty space with the christmas stuff from the stockroom than it is to fill it with other things (toilet paper, chips, backpacks, what junk would you put there?) and then have to turn around and pull that stuff back down a month later to put up the christmas stuff anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 04:12 PM

13,058 posts, read 7,932,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It's about available space and labor. It's a lot of work to fill up those aisles and move stuff around, The day after halloween the push is on to push all the leftover stuff into as little space as possible while it continues to sell down. The leftover stuff isn't really profitable anymore so it isn't given much space, space is money!
It's more productive and profitable to fill the now empty space with the christmas stuff from the stockroom than it is to fill it with other things (toilet paper, chips, backpacks, what junk would you put there?) and then have to turn around and pull that stuff back down a month later to put up the christmas stuff anyway.
Thats a good point. I know Target will use the seasonal area for "bulk" products in between seasons, but those are usually times when there are a few months in between seasons, not just a few weeks.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:14 PM

22,939 posts, read 16,630,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Yes, I've heard many complain about "those people" who won't take down their Christmas lights on January 1st.
Wow, really?

I'd get some major disapproval then. Advent to Epiphany - that's me.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,305,701 times
big sign as I entered Wal-Mart yesterday: only 47 days left until Christmas! Better hurry! LOL

Old 11-10-2015, 12:40 PM

8,776 posts, read 9,930,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
big sign as I entered Wal-Mart yesterday: only 47 days left until Christmas! Better hurry! LOL
We have one of those in my store too but it's not THAT big. I did think "Why remind me? I WORK here and it's just going to get crazier and crazier!". BUT people are scarfing up those Christmas items left and right so I guess there's a reason for it. If people wouldn't do it the stores wouldn't be in such a rush to get it all out. And it isn't just Walmart. It's ALL the stores in town. Not to even mention all the stupid infomercials/home shopping on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products