U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 02:03 PM

30,386 posts, read 2,643,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Buy, Wear, Then Return? Retailers Crack Down -- The Cut#

So OP, since you've now admitted to chronic and persistent unethical behavior can we assume you will no longer start threads lecturing those with whom you disagree politically about ethics?

Or do you have a blind spot when it comes to your unethical and disgraceful behavior?

You do realize that one of the reasons for the high prices you complained about is because of you, and people like you, who practice this unethical behavior?
You brought up good points.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Status: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." (set 2 days ago)

15,527 posts, read 8,986,536 times
Calm down, fellow posters. It should be obvious this thread is as fabricated as a polyester pantsuit.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:41 PM

549 posts, read 448,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Calm down, fellow posters. It should be obvious this thread is as fabricated as a polyester pantsuit.
For sure!

Old 10-26-2015, 12:33 AM

9,816 posts, read 16,238,614 times
My mother used to work in fine china. She said every year customers would buy whole sets of china, use them, keep the box, then return them shortly after the holidays. Of course, they kept the receipt, too! What those customers didn't realize, or care if they did, was that the sales commission Mom earned was backed out upon returns. I don't know if its the same today, this was back in the 50's, but still, think about the other guy you are screwing around! There are places you can rent china, you know!

Old 10-26-2015, 02:20 AM

16,085 posts, read 24,307,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Talk to anyone who ever worked in retail, no shame.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:41 AM

2,054 posts, read 1,138,862 times
If you are not trolling....

This practice is disgusting- are you bothering to wash the clothes that you have worn and returning? Or do you just bring back clothes that are soiled with your body fluids and who knows what else?

It's probably illegal and making too many returns to a store can get you flagged as a serial returner. Soon you'll be unable to return anything, even if you have the receipt.

If you feel the need to continue to do this, buy cheaper clothes or look into stores like Rent the Runway where you can actually rent dresses/special occasion outfits.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:10 AM

5,725 posts, read 6,916,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
I have recently started buying clothes (jackets, pants and shirts) to wear on few occasions and then return them. It feels like all nice stuff are overpriced... Some stores very easy to return. Have you guys done that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No and you should not do it either.
Quote:
Why not
Thieving, cheating, and fraud. You have to ask why you shouldn't do it?

And your 'Status' says "Teaching = Dream Job"?

Seriously?

I would not want someone so lacking in ethics, so incapable of even realizing why doing such a thing is unethical without being told it is, to be 'teaching' children.

Teachers are one of the groups of public employees that should be held to the highest standards of ethical behavior.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 AM

21,796 posts, read 12,476,749 times
A clothing store is not a library, you aren't supposed to check out clothing to use a few times and then return it!

Old 10-26-2015, 12:57 PM

14,237 posts, read 7,775,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Thieving, cheating, and fraud. You have to ask why you shouldn't do it?

And your 'Status' says "Teaching = Dream Job"?

Seriously?

I would not want someone so lacking in ethics, so incapable of even realizing why doing such a thing is unethical without being told it is, to be 'teaching' children.

Teachers are one of the groups of public employees that should be held to the highest standards of ethical behavior.
Perhaps that is why she is only dreaming of being a teacher.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:18 PM

12,201 posts, read 20,788,446 times
Quote:
Why not
It's not ethical. It's akin to theft.

Now -- I've purchased clothing on occasion with quality issues and those went back. Bought a t shirt that fit perfectly, tag said machine wash and dry -- and it stretched out like you couldn't believe. That went back. I'm not going to spend good money on a single wear item, unless I intend to wear it once and then donate (Yeah -- I don't wear dresses anymore and if I have to buy one for something, I buy it and wash/dryclean it and take it to St Vincents.)

But to buy and return is just awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or