U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 01:24 AM

39,880 posts, read 57,710,982 times

Advertisements

How did you shipped your parcel? Per air or land/ship?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 06:37 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,669,371 times
There is no way to deal with the post office once they've lost something other than to start the insurance claims. If you call to report anything, it will always be forwarded to your local office, even if there is absolutely no way for that location to find the item because it is still in another state. Whoever wrote their procedures is a moron.

I had a package get stuck in a shipping center in Tennessee a few months ago, it was shown in it's tracking info to have been received by that center, but never shipped out again by that center. So I called hoping to light a match under their butt and get someone at that center to go dig for it because it had been there for a week. Nope, next day I get a call from my local office in Pennsylvania saying, "We never received it so we can't give it to you." Well no crap, it's clearly still in Tennessee, unless of course your tracking system is useless, they never shipped it out like they were supposed to, why was this forwarded to you? Common sense would tell you that if the package is reported to be in location A you don't call location B first to find out where it's at, you call location A to make sure it didn't fall off the conveyor belt and get buried in a corner or something. THEN you call location B if location A claims not to have it in case they shipped it out without scanning.

Ended up calling the company I had ordered from to inform them of the delay, and they just sent out a new package for me and told me if the first one arrived as well I could keep it on the house. Got both packages eventually, but the second package arrived here 5 days before the first package even got shipped out of Tennessee, even though both packages went through that same shipping center, go figure that one out.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 PM

5,351 posts, read 3,422,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
It's been almost 2 months since I shipped my stuff from the post in Luxembourg to the US. I was supposed to get it through the post office here in the States. I don't think they have even looked for my parcel. They want me start the claim process with the insurance but I can't afford to lose my stuff!! What's in there is very valuable to me! How can they lose a 30kg piece of luggage???

Has anyone ever dealt with them when trying to retrieve a lost item? It's unfortunate that you can't sue them!
I also do something which has helped me in the past

I include 2 laminated pieces of paper with the send to address address on them. I have seen packages nearly destroyed on the outside and they opened it, there was the address and they got the package.

One time I sent a package and they damaged it. I insured it for $100 and the item cost me $30...Thanks USPS!

Old 11-16-2015, 08:51 PM

325 posts, read 547,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Have proof it actually made it to the US?
The agent in Luxembourg said that - according to their system- the parcel was shipped in the US, even though the last scan made shows it leaving Luxembourg on the same day I dropped it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How did you shipped your parcel? Per air or land/ship?
Air.

I had no other choice than to start the claim process today but I'm still hoping they find the luggage.
I was told that USPS has accepted responsibility for the lost item and will compensate me.

I asked for 1800 Euros.

I think I leaned my lesson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or