U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 05:30 PM

289 posts, read 362,309 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to think of Christmas gift ideas for a 2 year old boy. His parents gave a few suggestions and everyone in my family has already purchased those items, so I'm here trying to think of what else he might like. He's got a ton of toys already, so I was trying to think of something else, like maybe arts and crafts or electronic items. I just don't know what to get that he'll be old enough to understand how to play with. Anyone got any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 05:46 PM

11,615 posts, read 20,774,393 times
At that age, they are happy with a big, empty cardboard box

Old 11-12-2015, 07:21 PM

289 posts, read 362,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
At that age, they are happy with a big, empty cardboard box
It's funny you say that because my sister suggested getting him one of those cardboard play houses, since he likes to play hide and seek.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:49 PM

119 posts, read 504,206 times
Make him some sensory rice
-(1 cup of rice, 1 tablespoon of water [to spread the color around] with food coloring mixed in to your color preference - mix the colored water into the rice then stir it up until evenly mixed and allow to dry [a couple hours or overnight], buy a 10lb bag of rice do a handful of colors but leave some plain/white then store in a cheap storage container with a lid)
-It is simple, non-toxic, technically edible but since it's hard dry rice it isn't appealing, easy to vacuum or sweep up, and not only is it fun to scoop/pour/squeeze/bury hands or feet in but you can hide chunky puzzle pieces or objects in there and let them go treasure hunting

A large Yoga ball - fun to roll or bounce on, also you could bounce on it with them, or bounce on it while they bounce on those smaller (~18 inch) ones they sell at Walmart/Target for a couple dollars.

Chalk is always a winner in the summer as are bubbles, big paintbrushes to paint the sidewalk with water or paint over chalk is fun, a whiteboard and some whiteboard crayons or colored pencils are winners (and less messy than markers)

Those cardboard play houses are fun, though even at three and a half mine isn't really interested in coloring it in, they are a pretty standard Walmart Black Friday option for ...I want to say ~$15

The Rescue Bot Transformers are pretty nice, a lot of the ~$8 and ~$10 ones from Target/Amazon take just one or two simple motions to transform from robot to vehicle. (Rescue Bots is on Netflix, it may be Y7 but unlike most it is not about violence it is about the various rescue vehicles [fire truck, police car, helicopter, bulldozer] and humans figuring out how to save the day.

Additional winners
-Spot (the dog) lift the flap books
-Bath color change tablets
-Bath markers/crayons
-Duplos
-Chunky puzzles
-(dollar store echo microphones or punch balloons)
-Stickers and temporary tattoos

Old 11-13-2015, 07:06 AM

15,017 posts, read 12,214,713 times
Be practical; he will not remember anything you give him at two. So; new Corvette, new fishing poles, new guns, new golf clubs. You can ensure they stay in working order until he reaches adulthood!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:30 PM

11,615 posts, read 20,774,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello View Post
It's funny you say that because my sister suggested getting him one of those cardboard play houses, since he likes to play hide and seek.
An empty box, some markers, stickers... he'll be happy.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:27 PM

5,224 posts, read 13,632,922 times
Get him a book! Something fun and that he'll be able to read on his own in a few years....Dr. Seuss.....any of his stuff!

Old 11-22-2015, 07:52 PM

910 posts, read 728,134 times
At age 2, my son was all about trains.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:48 AM

18,478 posts, read 23,972,647 times
I second the bathtime stuff. It's been a looong time since I had a two year old, but I can remember buying some colored foamy stuff that I think came in aerosol cans. It just washed off of the tile with water, but was a big hit with my daughter.

Another hit is silly string.

If you don't like the parents, buy him a drum.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:50 AM

94 posts, read 117,320 times
A good gift ideas for 2 year old boy would be a Clothes and soft toys these days plenty of online stores recognize small baby toys for their safety and security. You could buy all kinds of 2 year old boy toys from the Disney store at very cheapest rate by redeeming Offer code or Discount Code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or