Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 11:30 AM

275 posts, read 330,992 times

Advertisements

I don't know about electronic stores or Target and Walmart, but department stores' black Friday are a scam.

I used to work at Macy's, and I was eyeing a pair of jeans that were heavily discounted to $14 from more than $100. It was 2 days before Black Friday so I though I might as well wait, so I put them aside from myself. Well, come Black Friday, I saw that they raised the price to $20, BUT if you used your macy's card, you would save $6 which would bring it down to $14 , except the day I was looking at the jeans, you didn't have to use your macy's card to buy it at $14

Also, there was not particular deal going on the 2 days before Black Friday...

but are the deals at electronic stores good?

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 05:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Here you go.

Black Friday 2015 | Black Friday Ads | Black Friday Deals | BFAds.net

Old 11-21-2015, 09:17 PM

44,593 posts, read 61,412,482 times
Watch for the same items to be on sale having the same black Friday sales price advertised several times after black Friday, up to 6 weeks afterwards.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:55 AM

18,764 posts, read 18,050,478 times
What I don't like is the "special" items brought in for Black Friday. Try to match up model numbers on their advertised electronic gizmos. Most of these items were brought in just for the sale and the consumer has no way to compare - or do you have any way of finding out if you truly got a deal!

Old 11-22-2015, 05:52 AM

7,583 posts, read 6,051,038 times
For the Most Part, The Electronics offered really cheap (lie the $2 doorbuster TVS and 49cent computers) are cheap products made in CHina, that will last about 3 months at most, and offer no warranty past that. The computers often lack an operating system, which adds $$$ to the cost to purchase windows or some other system to make the computer useful.

Cameras are often discounted, but in limited supply and often an older obsolete model, like the Canon that came out 4 years ago with 8 MP and 2 x zoom.

Video games are often offered as a part of a bundle, and can be a good deal, but are in limited quantities.

My experience has been that every year except this one, November prices on the internet beat black Friday prices pound for pound.
That is changing as more people are using online shopping, and we may well see a major drop in prices in December at Brick and Mortar stores as they deal with surplus items. (If the WSJ is correct)
Either way, there is little I actually get on Black Friday, shopping that day is more of a personal tradition, a throwback to unenlightned personal pre-Buddhist times.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:33 AM

678 posts, read 696,075 times
I haven't really been looking. I need to find a ps4 or MacBook air for discounted price if I can

Old 11-25-2015, 01:07 PM

302 posts, read 452,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
For the Most Part, The Electronics offered really cheap (lie the $2 doorbuster TVS and 49cent computers) are cheap products made in CHina, that will last about 3 months at most, and offer no warranty past that. The computers often lack an operating system, which adds $$$ to the cost to purchase windows or some other system to make the computer useful.

Cameras are often discounted, but in limited supply and often an older obsolete model, like the Canon that came out 4 years ago with 8 MP and 2 x zoom.

Video games are often offered as a part of a bundle, and can be a good deal, but are in limited quantities.

My experience has been that every year except this one, November prices on the internet beat black Friday prices pound for pound.
That is changing as more people are using online shopping, and we may well see a major drop in prices in December at Brick and Mortar stores as they deal with surplus items. (If the WSJ is correct)
Either way, there is little I actually get on Black Friday, shopping that day is more of a personal tradition, a throwback to unenlightned personal pre-Buddhist times.
Not always true. You will find Samsungs and LGs on sale. For the really big flat screens, they will be lesser known US brands like TCL which actually is a big time tv manufacturer in Asia. So much as so, the Chinese Theater in LA where movie premiers are done has been renamed to the TCL Chinese Theater. Overall, it's about doing research on the particular models though. I've had Samsung plasmas with electrical issues right out of the box. I've had Sony, LG, Pioneer, etc all give me problems at one time or another.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:52 PM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
In order to get you in the store on what has traditionally been one of the busiest brick-and-mortar shopping day of the year, some retailers purchase "one-off" or "derivative" TVs specifically for Black Friday. Sometimes on Black Friday manufacturers will release a product that is almost identical to a preexisting product but has a new model number and often inferior features. These sets may not be high-quality and, because they have not been subject to product reviews and the exact features aren't always listed, it's often impossible for the consumer to know exactly what they're getting.

Black Friday Brief: 'Derivative' TVs a Smoking Deal or a Sham? - NBC News

Old 11-27-2015, 05:45 AM

94 posts, read 159,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azul91 View Post
I don't know about electronic stores or Target and Walmart, but department stores' black Friday are a scam.

I used to work at Macy's, and I was eyeing a pair of jeans that were heavily discounted to $14 from more than $100. It was 2 days before Black Friday so I though I might as well wait, so I put them aside from myself. Well, come Black Friday, I saw that they raised the price to $20, BUT if you used your macy's card, you would save $6 which would bring it down to $14 , except the day I was looking at the jeans, you didn't have to use your macy's card to buy it at $14

Also, there was not particular deal going on the 2 days before Black Friday...

but are the deals at electronic stores good?

thanks,

Not every store is doing scam, Some of the store has actually money saving deals and discount Code on Black Friday. Today itself on Black Friday I bought a pair of Nike Golf Lunar Control Shoes which actual price is £130.00 and I got in £69.99 from American Golf by redeeming Discount Code of American Golf, That's really awesome black Friday shopping experience of mine, For Electronic Stores you should visit Currys where you can have a heavy discount and deal for your desired shopping on this black Friday. Hope it will help you!!!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
I Amazon shopped and that is all I did because I have to be at work in like under 3 hours. There were some pretty good deals on DVDs and Blu-Rays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products