Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 04:45 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times

Advertisements

I have hemorrhoids; so I appreciate soft toilet paper. However; some of the leading brands of toilet paper can leave me with crotch lint. I know that it is not just me; other members of the family also complain when I buy certain brands.

Besides crotch lint; you also have to make sure you have enough paper that your finger does not punch through the wad. I know these are sensitive questions; that we don't like to talk about - but I am looking for the best buy for my money.

There are also rolls that don't last more than just a few uses. I don't know how these manufacturers can put so little on what appears as a large roll?

The best paper I have run into lately is the ShopRite generic paper. It is not as soft as I would prefer; but it last a long time and does not have the lint or ripping qualities of some of the brand names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 06:13 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Kirkland brand has minimal lint, is a softer two-ply, and is still 4 1/2 inches wide (not 4 like most now!).

Old 12-02-2015, 06:35 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,766,438 times
I like the Members Mark from Sam's Club. Big rolls, soft. No lint. Thick enough.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I like the Members Mark from Sam's Club. Big rolls, soft. No lint. Thick enough.

Actually I am fairly happy with my ShopRite brand. I am just disappointed the major manufacturers offer such a sh...y product! I cannot picture how people want to run around with a crotch full of toilet paper balls/lint. I did not mention any brand names that I disapprove of - but everybody is probably familiar with what I am talking about.

It would probably be an interesting poll to find out how many brands would get the name crotch lint and how many toilet paper.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:34 AM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
fisheye, if you follow my advice you can make your life much more comfortable. First and foremost - get a bidet and learn how to use it.

Bidets.com | COCO Bidet - Transform Your Existing Toilet | Bidet Toilet Seats at BIDET.COM

Getting one of these was some of the best money I've ever spent. If your hands are dirty, do you rub them with a dry towel to clean them? If you use toilet paper, you are just making a thin layer of poo rather than cleaning.

You will have to play around to find the best settings for you. The gentle lady bits cleaning is different than butt cleaning, which may require using the roto-rooter setting if you are constipated.

Second, if you have a tendency to constipation, something like Prep H will lubricate you so that Mr. Hankey can go "Wheee!!!" on the slide of death, rather than his holding on for dear life, not wanting to go in the pool.

Third, if you use a bidet, at the end of the wash you just blot dry with the Walmart ultrasoft tissue. No rubbing.

The bidet will pay for itself within a year or two because you will be using so much less paper.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:11 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,837 times
Life is so much easier when you're a cat!

Old 12-02-2015, 12:13 PM

Ever seen a cat who has eaten a Christmas ribbon?

Old 12-02-2015, 12:43 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Ever seen a cat who has eaten a Christmas ribbon?
It's even more fun than watching gladiator movies!

Old 12-02-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
The bidet will pay for itself within a year or two because you will be using so much less paper.

I thank you for your advice! I actually just redid my one bathroom and could have installed a bidet - but I went with the high toilet and elongated seat.

Even though I have a pretty good toilet paper that I currently use; I still have the beef with our two leading paper manufacturers. It would not surprise me if their executives use generic paper instead of what they manufacture. Possibly they make a 'special' paper for executive butts? Possible this is recycled paper? I really don't know; but I do know that I am not buying any more of this crap (it seams like an appropriate word)!

Old 12-03-2015, 12:07 AM

The bidet seat I linked to can simply replace the seat on your toilet. It isn't an entire dedicated bidet.

A lot of U.S. paper manufacturing has shut down, and I've seen a general rise in paper (of all types) cost. I once got to see a small company make tp rolls. The tissue comes in giant rolls and gets portioned out by a fairly simple machine. Spray bottles of water are used as "glue" for the roll ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products