U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:28 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,419,199 times

Advertisements

Sorry about that, I didn't think of it.

The 8 year old is a girl. She's into all the makeup and pampering stuff.
29 and 43 year olds are both male. Both love electronics (it's passed down in my family) but the problem is they seem to have every gadget and gizmo known to mankind. I was thinking maybe a day at the spa down here for the 8 year old but I'm out of ideas for both guys.

Anybody know any new and interesting gadgets out?

Quote:
Are you seriously going to buy a Prada purse for a 16 year old girl? Can I be on your list too??!!!!!!LOL
Haha, well only if you're good. I'll buy one if they're not obscenely overpriced. I really haven't found prices yet but I'm guessing $200-$300?

Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,387,780 times
Ha, ha, ha! Add a zero to the price of that handbag!

You might want to try overstock.com or e-bay for a more affordable price range. I have seen them for $199, but that was LAST YEAR'S bag. No self respecting teenager would be caught dead with last year's fashion.

Do your guys have a personal robot?

Or, checkout dna11.com They will make art from your dna. Every one is different.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:25 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,143,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post

You might want to try overstock.com or e-bay for a more affordable price range. I have seen them for $199, but that was LAST YEAR'S bag. No self respecting teenager would be caught dead with last year's fashion.

Or, checkout dna11.com They will make art from your dna. Every one is different.
Speaking of Robots...I've been tempted to order one of those automatic round floor vacuum robots that works the whole house and vacuums by itself!

Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,419,199 times
Quote:

$2000!! Well maybe she'll have to settle for last year's edition.

But that personal robot intrigues me. I know neither has anything like that and I'm sure they'll both love something that can do things for them.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:35 PM

4,688 posts, read 15,966,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Anybody know any new and interesting gadgets out?
How about stepping back in time and getting them a Lite-Brite?

Just kidding, I'm stuck worse than you are. Have a friend who can and does buy whatever she wants Her b-day comes two weeks before Christmas, no time to stop and think in between.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,682,425 times
For the 8 year old girl how about the Ninetendo DS Lite? It is the new Gameboy. My 7 going on 8 year old girl had to have that one this summer. It is really nice and the stores can download free games onto it. There are all kinds of gadgets and stuff to go with it. Neat carrying cases and all. Mine now wants more games for her DS. Another good thing at this age is a personal DVD player. If you get this buy the backup battery thingie ($70 range). While my going on 8, this week, does like some of the pampering stuff she really enjoys the toys and stuff more. She wants a new bike, her sisters hand me down is "old", lol. So Santa is probably going to get the order on that one.

It is my ******* girl that is now into some of the fru-fru stuff. Purses, belts (sequins are in), scarves, etc.

For the other ones on your list have you seen the new Ninetendo Wii? It is getting ready to come out too. It seems to be more interactive. I had to ask my 7 year old about it.

What about a digital camera? Even a decent inexpensive one for the 8 year old is doable. We bought our 11 year old one last year. I found a Fuji digital camera w/ printer and paper all together on the clearance shelf at Target for $25. You better believe I snapped that baby up. She loves it.

It is the grown child in my house that I can no longer afford to buy his toys. Got him the ipod last year for birthday/fathers day, he had to have the big one. Has all of the stuff to go w/ it to play it anywhere and everywhere. Has the classic muscle cars that he plays with. Big time Stars hockey fan (already have season tickets so that option is out). I've been in a quandry over what to get him.

Me, I think I've spent all of my Christmas on me already. I bought myself a new tree and tons of new decorations.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,682,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
How about stepping back in time and getting them a Lite-Brite?

Just kidding, I'm stuck worse than you are. Have a friend who can and does buy whatever she wants Her b-day comes two weeks before Christmas, no time to stop and think in between.
LOL!!! Both of my kids have birthdays during the holidays. One is right at Thanksgiving and the other is a New Years Eve baby. Really stinks having to figure out stuff all at one time for both of them for birthdays AND Christmas.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,387,780 times
I just saw a cool robotic lawnmower for just over $1000 at probotics.com

Old 11-20-2006, 03:07 PM

436 posts, read 535,051 times
#1 Xmas (or any wish) wish -

Get our children out of Iraq asap.

The rest of you can worry about locating the PS3/Nintendo Wii which will keep your kids away from books and learning, and provide more time for your kids to isolate themselves from real child/parent interactions. But, years from now you'll get weepy eyed seeing the dusty thing lying around after the kids have left the nest. You'll see.

Honey I'm home, any more beer in the house?

Last edited by brian_2; 11-20-2006 at 03:37 PM..

Old 11-20-2006, 03:14 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,199,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Health and prosperity for my family and friends. If I can't get that, giving me a 1966 427 AC Cobra would be very nice (red please) . If that can't happen I'll settle for the nine ladies dancing and the partridge in the pear tree. I would be eternally grateful for either of these presents.
Well, I understand the nine ladies dancing, (keep it clean ), but should I ask what you're going to do with the partridge in the pear tree? Wait...partridge under glass with a pear glaze?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products