U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:14 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,422,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I just saw a cool robotic lawnmower for just over $1000 at probotics.com
Boy just what we need down here in Arizona. Does it mow invisible grass too?

The DS might be something she'll like especially on long car trips. I'll talk to her parents and make sure we don't pick the same thing. I remember those Gameboys...those were the days.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:57 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,693,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Boy just what we need down here in Arizona. Does it mow invisible grass too?

The DS might be something she'll like especially on long car trips. I'll talk to her parents and make sure we don't pick the same thing. I remember those Gameboys...those were the days.
LOL!! Really. I was wondering if the robotic vacuum knows that stairs are ahead. WATCH OUT BELOW!

The new DS Lite is really nice. I saw a sign at Target that you can bring in your DS Lite and they can download games onto it. There are all kinds of carrying cases and supposedly it can text message to other DS users that are w/in a certain range (like in the same room close).

Brian, don't worry. I want our children out of Irag also and all of them brought home safely. And don't worry about my kids getting to isolated w/ their electronic gear, we only have the portable ones for long trips in the car, plane, etc. No PS2 or PS3, which hubby wants. LOL!!! Our kiddo's get PLENTY of interaction w/ us, other kids and each other. Sometimes it's nice for them to have some downtime and do something by themselves. I'm also a HUGE Fisher-Price collector and have TONS of the old f-p Little People stuff from my days and they have an entire city set up upstairs w/ all of it. Same goes with all of the Hot Wheels stuff they have.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:25 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,811,584 times
I think these are cute,they even have a video of it also good for a boy or a girl. I think I am going to pick up 2 for 2 10 year olds.
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca.../sku__WW254RED

Old 11-21-2006, 03:25 PM

243 posts, read 816,652 times
Talking Christmas Gifts

Well, You must be VERY WEALTHY!!!!!!!!!! Please add me to your list, I want a Rolls, A European Cruise and I could also use a new mink!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 05:05 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,511,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
How about stepping back in time and getting them a Lite-Brite?

Just kidding, I'm stuck worse than you are. Have a friend who can and does buy whatever she wants Her b-day comes two weeks before Christmas, no time to stop and think in between.
I think a lite brite is a good idea, it's not the price tag it's the thought. Last year I went to visit my boyfriends family in CA and we brought his three nephews to Toys R' Us so he can buy them bikes. I saw a lite brite on the shelf and bought it for them. Of course they loved the bikes and the other gifts they received but when I put together the lite brite they dropped everything to play with that. I always try to give artistic gifts to kids or something that they can use their brain.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:07 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,511,805 times
Oh, I forgot....for the adults a great gift is an automatic car starter if they don't already have one. I've had that in my car for several years and love it, especially in the winter.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:12 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,422,389 times
Quote:
Well, You must be VERY WEALTHY!!!!!!!!!! Please add me to your list, I want a Rolls, A European Cruise and I could also use a new mink!!!!!!
No, not at all. I do go all-out for Christmas but it isn't like this is an everyday thing. I guess I've always been a generous person and if it isn't going to hurt you financially- then why not?

I remember those lite-brites, god those were fun.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:37 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,693,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
No, not at all. I do go all-out for Christmas but it isn't like this is an everyday thing. I guess I've always been a generous person and if it isn't going to hurt you financially- then why not?

I remember those lite-brites, god those were fun.
This reminds me of what happened a few years ago when I was at Target and asked the cashier for 3 $100 gift cards. The lady behind me was like, "I want to be on your gift list". No, you don't want to be in the position these kids are that I am getting these for. They are family but have had a HORRIBLE time. They have had to support themselves since a very young age. The oldest is now 21 and the only one that stayed in school only because he moved in w/ a friend at 14. The other two.... not so. The middle one is 19 and clueless, lazy, bum, big talker. Gonna get rich throwing the paper when he actually can find a job. Then when he finds a job he does not show up after the 3rd day. The youngest, a girl has been held out of school to babysit round the clock her much younger step siblings (those 5 are now w/ the state ). And this woman thought she wanted that.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:10 PM

892 posts, read 2,217,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathersmom View Post
What about an older grandpa (mid 80's) that is still very active but HAS EVERYTHING and keeps EVERYTHING!!!!!

Good luck getting 2 ps3's!!!!!!

a photo collage of 80+ years.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:16 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
This reminds me of what happened a few years ago when I was at Target and asked the cashier for 3 $100 gift cards. The lady behind me was like, "I want to be on your gift list". No, you don't want to be in the position these kids are that I am getting these for. They are family but have had a HORRIBLE time. They have had to support themselves since a very young age. The oldest is now 21 and the only one that stayed in school only because he moved in w/ a friend at 14. The other two.... not so. The middle one is 19 and clueless, lazy, bum, big talker. Gonna get rich throwing the paper when he actually can find a job. Then when he finds a job he does not show up after the 3rd day. The youngest, a girl has been held out of school to babysit round the clock her much younger step siblings (those 5 are now w/ the state ). And this woman thought she wanted that.
Are their names Andrew, Richard, Suzanne, and Timothy? If so....those are my first cousins in Texas. You described them very well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products