U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:01 PM

613 posts, read 749,568 times

Advertisements

How about giving some of your frequent flier miles away as a gift?

Old 12-07-2006, 12:05 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,387,780 times
For anybody who has a person with pets there is a GREAT website for pet treats that does electronic gift certificates. I love this site. Their treats are all HEALTHY, things like dried stingray tail, venison jerky, dried shrimp, etc. That is my favorite gift to get, because my husband says that I spend too much money on treats (he is right, but SHHHH!, don't tell him I admitted this!) and he can't get upset with me if someone else spends the money.

Their address is http://www.petextras.com

Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,826,756 times
Default Just send the money

The best gift is always MONEY. The long green folding type.

Always the right color, right size. Nobody ever tries to take / send it back. You can not imagine the pure joy on folks face when they get the envelope with the perfect gift.

All my relatives want it, demand it, the only thing that satisfies is MORE.

Why did we not get MORE?? The best chuckle is those who count it over and over again.

Once you have enough money, can get everything else, well up to a point.

And I do not have to go monkey around in them stores.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:42 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,143,061 times
Well, I'm going to confess here... After Scrantonwilkesbarre's drama with the anonymous chocolates (marie belle just happens to be my favorite chocolates.... ), I started thinking of Christmas gifts and how to get them to my relatives in California. I will order Marie Belle's chocolates for my closest family members at the end of next week to get them to them in time for Christmas. But..in the meantime, I thought about what to buy for my friends and neighbors here in Missouri....and I thought..hmmm...Swiss Colony petit fours!!!! So I looked up their website too and they weren't that expensive...so I bought three boxes of 24 each for my friends here, then a box of specialty salami/meats and cheeses for my neighbors (Larry has diabetes or I'd have bought petit fours for him and his wife too), and then...the best part of all... ..... I bought the box of 120 petit fours for.......
MYSELF!!! I can't wait for the package to arrive!!
Merry Christmas to meeeee, Merry Christmas to meeeee, Merry Christmas dear MoMark.... Merry Christmas to MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,641 times
Maybe I should present Lamborgini Diablo for my girlfriend? What do you think?

----------------------------------
nypd@digitalhardcore.us

Old 12-10-2006, 12:20 PM

431 posts, read 315,623 times
8 year-old : Something that keeps him/her away from a TV or computer screen. Give a gift that encourages physical activity. A new baseball glove and bat; soccer ball and goal for the backyard; basketball and goal for the drive-way - lots of things are out there to keep kids active and healthy and happy!

For the 29 and 42 year olds - Gift cards all the way! They are FABULOUS! I love them; I can buy whatever I want. :=)

Old 12-10-2006, 03:21 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,263,830 times
Chia Pet!!!! lol just kiddin.......

Old 12-11-2006, 02:09 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,934,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Well right know I have a spreadsheet on my Blackberry that lists' everybody I need to buy a present for and what they would like (think 21st century Santa Claus ). Anyway I need a few ideas for an 8-year old, a 29 year old, and a 43 year old...have any ideas? I really hate to give gift certicates unless I absolutely run out of ideas. They're so impersonal...

So far I have on my list:

2 PS3's
1 laptop
1 LCD TV
4 Ipods
1 XBOX 360
A car (cousin Santa may be generous...but not THAT generous )
Money for college (she has a college fund...so I know this won't go for beer)
A remote controlled Hummer
DVD's
A diamond necklace
Bratz dolls (these are like Barbie....right?)
Hot wheels cars
A make-up kit
A set of new golf clubs
a Prada purse (for a 16 year old girl...go figure)
money for clothes

That's a little over 1/2 of my list ...looks like Santa needs a 2nd job. But does anyone have ideas?
I want to get on YOUR Christmas list. Could you just up the count for one more laptop (make mine widescreen please) and another diamond necklace, but not the chips stuff or pavee- more like 1 karat and above EACH. If you don't mind, could you also add earrings to match? Gee THANKS!!!
Just look me up in Zaba Search.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:32 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,419,199 times
Quote:
I want to get on YOUR Christmas list. Could you just up the count for one more laptop (make mine widescreen please) and another diamond necklace, but not the chips stuff or pavee- more like 1 karat and above EACH.
Not a problem now how about some fairy dust to go along with that. The necklace is for my mom, it isn't like I'm giving it to my cousin twice removed. And I'll have my elves ship that widescreen laptop out tomorrow morning.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:38 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,143,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Not a problem now how about some fairy dust to go along with that. The necklace is for my mom, it isn't like I'm giving it to my cousin twice removed. And I'll have my elves ship that widescreen laptop out tomorrow morning.
My sister and I both chipped in a few years ago to buy our mom a diamond necklace. It is white gold with interconnected small hearts and each heart is set with a diamond and they go all around the neck. It flashes rainbows everywhere, yet is still tastefully discreet. She was flabbergasted! Your mom will love it It's great as adults to treat our parents to luxuries they never would have dreamed of when we were poor struggling families. My parents can afford whatever they want, but I know it means the world to them when it's us who surprise them with a special gift given in love.
I just finished my Christmas shopping today with the order to Maria Belle Chocolatiers....$40 shipping cost!!! ... Oh well, it's not like it's every day, but the tightwad in me gagged a bit with that shipping cost !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products