Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 11:20 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Well, I'm going to confess here... After Scrantonwilkesbarre's drama with the anonymous chocolates (marie belle just happens to be my favorite chocolates.... ), I started thinking of Christmas gifts and how to get them to my relatives in California. I will order Marie Belle's chocolates for my closest family members at the end of next week to get them to them in time for Christmas. But..in the meantime, I thought about what to buy for my friends and neighbors here in Missouri....and I thought..hmmm...Swiss Colony petit fours!!!! So I looked up their website too and they weren't that expensive...so I bought three boxes of 24 each for my friends here, then a box of specialty salami/meats and cheeses for my neighbors (Larry has diabetes or I'd have bought petit fours for him and his wife too), and then...the best part of all... ..... I bought the box of 120 petit fours for.......
MYSELF!!! I can't wait for the package to arrive!!
Merry Christmas to meeeee, Merry Christmas to meeeee, Merry Christmas dear MoMark.... Merry Christmas to MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
I hope you still have my address!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Not a problem now how about some fairy dust to go along with that. The necklace is for my mom, it isn't like I'm giving it to my cousin twice removed. And I'll have my elves ship that widescreen laptop out tomorrow morning.
HAHAHAHAHA.
By the way, I forgot to add that the diamonds should be totally carbonless and I like emerald cut - in case you want two moms!

(I'm sure she will be tickled and thrilled )

Old 12-12-2006, 02:53 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
HAHAHAHAHA.
By the way, I forgot to add that the diamonds should be totally carbonless and I like emerald cut - in case you want two moms!

(I'm sure she will be tickled and thrilled )
Emerald cuts are classic... but...have you seen the revised emerald cut that includes elements of a brilliant pavilion? I'm talking about the Asscher cut diamond...WOWIE ZOWIE! (licks chops). Those are incredibly classic, but you get the fire of a brilliant added too...it's a magical diamond. I wouldn't mind having one....and I'd settle a VVS1..even a VVS2, D-F color, and maybe even settle for a bit smaller than the photo I s'pose...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/AsscherCut.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-12-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Emerald cuts are classic... but...have you seen the revised emerald cut that includes elements of a brilliant pavilion? I'm talking about the Asscher cut diamond...WOWIE ZOWIE! (licks chops). Those are incredibly classic, but you get the fire of a brilliant added too...it's a magical diamond. I wouldn't mind having one....and I'd settle a VVS1..even a VVS2, D-F color, and maybe even settle for a bit smaller than the photo I s'pose...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/AsscherCut.jpg (broken link)
That is beautiful MoMark. But why settle? Remember this is a gift so from a very generous poster so I'm going all out! hahahahahaha
Wouldn't it be nice?

Old 12-12-2006, 03:34 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,698,300 times
That cut is gorgeous but I'm afraid my wallet has limitations. How many carats is that?

Quote:
That is beautiful MoMark. But why settle? Remember this is a gift so from a very generous poster so I'm going all out! hahahahahaha
Wouldn't it be nice?
Well thanks for calling me generous, I try. Here's the actual necklace if you want to see it:

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item...&menu=0&page=2

Here's the one I wanted to get, but I just can't afford to.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I hope you still have my address!
I'm relying on SpeedyAZ to hook up city-date folk...

Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
That cut is gorgeous but I'm afraid my wallet has limitations. How many carats is that?

Well thanks for calling me generous, I try. Here's the actual necklace if you want to see it:

It didn't say how big that Asscher diamond is, I'm guessing 25 carats or more. As for your present for you mom, both are beautiful, it's just a question of diamond size, and honestly, at those high qualities, the diamonds in the smaller Diamonds by the Yard necklace will sparkle beautifully. It really is about quality over size in the case of diamonds and no one puts together nicer diamond pieces than Tiffany Very nice. Your mom will need Depend Undergarments when she opens that package!

Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:

WHATTTTT? Are you nuts??? Now, please, reconsider...are you sure you don't want TWO moms????
Wowowowowowow. Just that little blue box from Tiffany would make ME need "Depends". Congratulations to your mom for having you!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:55 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,698,300 times
Quote:
As for your present for you mom, both are beautiful, it's just a question of diamond size, and honestly, at those high qualities, the diamonds in the smaller Diamonds by the Yard necklace will sparkle beautifully. It really is about quality over size in the case of diamonds and no one puts together nicer diamond pieces than Tiffany Very nice. Your mom will need Depend Undergarments when she opens that package!
Very True, I learned about the four C's of buying a diamond and that size isn't everything. A clear and well-cut diamond (in my opinion) is worth more than a huge honkin' one.

Quote:
WHATTTTT? Are you nuts??? Now, please, reconsider...are you sure you don't want TWO moms????
Wowowowowowow. Just that little blue box from Tiffany would make ME need "Depends". Congratulations to your mom for having you!!!
Sorry, but there is really only one mom for me...otherwise I may go broke. But thank you again, I feel special.

Tiffany has some great jewelry for every budget though. Heck you can get a great silver chain for $100 plus you get that signature Blue Box.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:59 AM

2 posts, read 3,900 times
Default Lawn/Garden Invention (Read about this in the AZ Newspaper)

Read about this in the Arizona Republic a couple of weeks and bought a couple for myself and relatives. Article was about an inventor here in AZ and his lawn/garden invention (was more about his business struggles, good info, btw good info for any small business owners). Thought it was pretty unique..

Anyway, if you want to check out the article the link is:
azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/1114sr-biz1115smallbiz-ON.html

And I think the guy's website is azezcaddy.com I think (Don't hold me to that! not the greatest memory here lol)

Merry X-mas!

Awildcatz

Last edited by awildcatz; 11-30-2007 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Link was mispelled
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products