U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:57 AM

1,810 posts, read 9,770,800 times

Advertisements

No presents....

Cannot afford any....

Just counting my blessings that I have roof over my head, food on the table and clothes to keep me warm..

Would anyone want to donate to my vacation fund?

Old 12-03-2007, 03:15 PM

324 posts, read 707,946 times
I am doing gift baskets this year, especially for the women on my list. If you can find them to match up with people's interests, then I think they are very thoughtful gifts that are not too hard to find. I think a lot of people would really like these celebrity chef gift baskets. I feel like I always find little things that I would like to give someone, but they are too small to be an entire gift so then I am trying to find other suitable stuff to give them in addition. That dilemma doesn't exist with gift baskets though

Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Default Gift Ideas

It will be my privilege to be a part of your list. But I too wanna offer you some idea! As the Christmas is closing in and everyone looking for an effective Christmas gift you can always choose a gift store that deals in Christmas gifts. Or else you can shop it online. Have a small search and you’ll be at your desired gift…

Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,614,758 times
I got all the shopping for my sisters, brothers, parents and wife done last week so yesterday was time to get my boys gifts, still have alot to get but I managed to get these:

Nidecker freestyle snowboard - real cool board for park riding, had to order this one from CO. as they don't carry them here.

Adobe Premiere cs3 version for my son thats getting ready to go away to College.

4 channel guitar amp with digital effects and a pedal, sons only been playing a year but I thought it was pretty cool.

Ipod for my youngest son that doesn't have the patients to download music and convert it before he can play it on his mp3 player.

I hope to be finished entirely by this coming weekend....but I know I won't...lol

Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

324 posts, read 707,946 times
I always have the hardest time picking out gifts for people that I'm not that close to, but for some reason a gift is necessary. Because you don't want to spend too much and make them feel bad if they didn't spend as much, or you don't want to spend too little and look cheap. I was thinking that the cool portable iPod chargers by Energizer Energi would be the perfect solution to this little problem. If I was to jazz it up, I could add a little iPod accessory like a case or a iTunes gift card.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,457 times
iPods never miss anyones christmas gift now do they. By 12 year old who loves music has begged me to get him one and since it will be his first music device, I'm getting him the iPod shuffle, its not too expensive and basic, just so I know how much he'll take care of it. and while he's off to school, maybe I can use it at the gym lets see if I succeed. BTW, I even found the Apple store where i could order it online Gift an iPod (http://store.ipodyourlife.co.in/Gift-an-iPod.aspx?channel=forums - broken link)

Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM

1,495 posts, read 4,574,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Well right know I have a spreadsheet on my Blackberry that lists' everybody I need to buy a present for and what they would like (think 21st century Santa Claus ). Anyway I need a few ideas for an 8-year old, a 29 year old, and a 43 year old...have any ideas? I really hate to give gift certicates unless I absolutely run out of ideas. They're so impersonal...

So far I have on my list:

2 PS3's
1 laptop
1 LCD TV
4 Ipods
1 XBOX 360
A car (cousin Santa may be generous...but not THAT generous )
Money for college (she has a college fund...so I know this won't go for beer)
A remote controlled Hummer
DVD's
A diamond necklace
Bratz dolls (these are like Barbie....right?)
Hot wheels cars
A make-up kit
A set of new golf clubs
a Prada purse (for a 16 year old girl...go figure)
money for clothes

That's a little over 1/2 of my list ...looks like Santa needs a 2nd job. But does anyone have ideas?

my goodness that sounds like a lot of money to spend

Old 11-13-2008, 05:32 PM

26,111 posts, read 24,883,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
how about a trip in a fighter jet? only $3500-$5000 depending on how long the dogfight. That's going to be my gift to myself one day.
Or, how about a very reasonable hot air balloon ride, or a tandem skydive?

Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,447 times
How about a photo book with pictures of you and your family? That's a very personal gift. I tried out many different companies and SmileBooks has been the best one so far. They produce very high quality books for a reasonable price. Right now they have a christmas special. You get $1o off with the voucher code "EB2008". The books start at $9.95. Check out their website: [url=http://www.smilebooks.com/special-offer.php]Photo Book | Early Bird| Special offer for your favorite Halloween pictures[/url]

Old 11-21-2008, 06:57 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,638,802 times
8 year old boy, they seem to want bakugan this year, but hard to find. my son also wants a skateboard, if that helps you any. He also loves bionicles and lego sets. You could also do an Ipod shuffle for an 8 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products