U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:26 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,425,197 times

Advertisements

Well right know I have a spreadsheet on my Blackberry that lists' everybody I need to buy a present for and what they would like (think 21st century Santa Claus ). Anyway I need a few ideas for an 8-year old, a 29 year old, and a 43 year old...have any ideas? I really hate to give gift certicates unless I absolutely run out of ideas. They're so impersonal...

So far I have on my list:

2 PS3's
1 laptop
1 LCD TV
4 Ipods
1 XBOX 360
A car (cousin Santa may be generous...but not THAT generous )
Money for college (she has a college fund...so I know this won't go for beer)
A remote controlled Hummer
DVD's
A diamond necklace
Bratz dolls (these are like Barbie....right?)
Hot wheels cars
A make-up kit
A set of new golf clubs
a Prada purse (for a 16 year old girl...go figure)
money for clothes

That's a little over 1/2 of my list ...looks like Santa needs a 2nd job. But does anyone have ideas?

Old 11-19-2006, 01:36 AM

278 posts, read 734,952 times
I could give you some ideas for the eight year old, but you didn't say if it's a boy or girl. Are you seriously going to buy a Prada purse for a 16 year old girl? Can I be on your list too??!!!!!!LOL

Old 11-19-2006, 06:41 AM

4,286 posts, read 13,514,120 times
8 - something artistic and creative they can do. Painting supplies, musical instrument, perhaps?

29 year old - depends male or female

43 - also depends

Old 11-19-2006, 07:56 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,812,525 times
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well right know I have a spreadsheet on my Blackberry that lists' everybody I need to buy a present for and what they would like (think 21st century Santa Claus ). Anyway I need a few ideas for an 8-year old, a 29 year old, and a 43 year old...have any ideas? I really hate to give gift certicates unless I absolutely run out of ideas. They're so impersonal...

So far I have on my list:

2 PS3's
1 laptop
1 LCD TV
4 Ipods
1 XBOX 360
A car (cousin Santa may be generous...but not THAT generous )
Money for college (she has a college fund...so I know this won't go for beer)
A remote controlled Hummer
DVD's
A diamond necklace
Bratz dolls (these are like Barbie....right?)
Hot wheels cars
A make-up kit
A set of new golf clubs
a Prada purse (for a 16 year old girl...go figure)
money for clothes

That's a little over 1/2 of my list ...looks like Santa needs a 2nd job. But does anyone have ideas?
lol you can add me to your list.
I always have a hard time deciding on gifts,where some people just have a knack for picking out the perfect gifts with ease.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 AM

338 posts, read 1,331,889 times
Default 80 yr old grandparents....

What about an older grandpa (mid 80's) that is still very active but HAS EVERYTHING and keeps EVERYTHING!!!!!

Good luck getting 2 ps3's!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:03 AM

3,350 posts, read 12,799,533 times
Health and prosperity for my family and friends. If I can't get that, giving me a 1966 427 AC Cobra would be very nice (red please) . If that can't happen I'll settle for the nine ladies dancing and the partridge in the pear tree. I would be eternally grateful for either of these presents.

Last edited by exhdo1; 11-19-2006 at 09:31 AM..

Old 11-19-2006, 09:07 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,399,551 times
Help us out here! Are we shopping for girls or guys?

Concert tickets work for either gender. How about buying cooking lessons, a sky diving adventure, swim with the dolphins, or something along those lines. I would love to have cousin Santa put something like that in my stocking (well, maybe not the sky diving, but my husband sure would). How about a membership to a health club?

For a female a trip to a day spa for a massage/manicure/facial makes a nice gift.

My Father in Law gets the newest tool from Sears every year. It is a tradition. My husband usually gets one too, unless it is stupid expensive.

I don't have any kids to shop for, but when I did I usually found something at mindware.com They have all kinds of interesting stuff.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Help us out here! Are we shopping for girls or guys?

Concert tickets work for either gender. How about buying cooking lessons, a sky diving adventure, swim with the dolphins, or something along those lines. I would love to have cousin Santa put something like that in my stocking (well, maybe not the sky diving, but my husband sure would). How about a membership to a health club?

For a female a trip to a day spa for a massage/manicure/facial makes a nice gift.

My Father in Law gets the newest tool from Sears every year. It is a tradition. My husband usually gets one too, unless it is stupid expensive.

I don't have any kids to shop for, but when I did I usually found something at mindware.com They have all kinds of interesting stuff.
You can consider me a big kid if you want to do some kid shopping. I've really had my eyes on that "official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle" for quite a few years, and NO, i won't shoot my eye out.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 AM

2,814 posts, read 12,146,045 times
I know it sounds weird, but I have no Christmas gift desires and want nothing material. I've got more than I need. But....
I love anything baked...so gifts of cookies, brownies, cakes, home-made candy etc. I love.
A fantasy gift of mine would be six months free of breakfasts at IHOP. Honest! If I could go in there and get a Country Breakfast with a side of French Toast with no powdered sugar...HEAVEN!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I know it sounds weird, but I have no Christmas gift desires and want nothing material. I've got more than I need. But....
I love anything baked...so gifts of cookies, brownies, cakes, home-made candy etc. I love.
A fantasy gift of mine would be six months free of breakfasts at IHOP. Honest! If I could go in there and get a Country Breakfast with a side of French Toast with no powdered sugar...HEAVEN!
Used to play a little joke on all the new guys at work. We would go to IHOP for breakfast. After talking about the menu for a while I would say I think I'm going to have a Rooty Tooty Fresh N Fruity breakfast. The young guys would look at me kind of wierd and my partner (who was in on it) would say he's full of crap he don't have the stones to order that it's for kids. That's when I would say yes I will, the young guys would chime in and most would say you wouldn't order that. That's where the bet came in. I would bet them if I order it you buy it. I guess they figured they would call my bluff and bet against me. I ate free every time. It's a shame youth is wasted on the young!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products