Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2016, 10:44 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,145,323 times

Advertisements

A few months ago I made a purchase on SportsAuthority.com and paid using my PayPal account. I ended up returning the item. After about a month I saw that there was no credit issued to my Paypal account, so I called and they assured me that the credit was issued and that they were waiting for Paypal to accept the credit. I then called Paypal and they tell me that they have no record of the credit and are waiting for Sports Authority to authorize it. Well here I am 3 months later and I still don't have the credit. I have made several calls to both Sports Authority and Paypal and they just keep blaming the other party for not issuing the credit. At this point I don't know what to do. Luckily the credit is for only about $20. Is there anyone I can report this to to get it resolved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 02:18 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,621,554 times
Pages - File a Complaint

Old 04-06-2016, 12:18 PM

231 posts, read 334,632 times
Unless I know that I will not be returning the item, I will not use PayPal and I had to learn this the hard way.

My situation is different but it took months to resolve and I had to contact BBB and the Federal Trade Commission and a state consumer affairs department.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:02 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,058 times
I've never had an issue with PayPal, on items that I've returned or otherwise. In fact there was a time that DirecTV attempted to charge me over $800 because I used my card one time for a friend's payment. Long story short I was advised that my card would not be kept on file, but they charged it anyway over a year after I used it because he defaulted and tried to claim that because it was on my friend's bill that all cards ever used would be kept on file that they could. After only about a week of fighting the charge PayPal told DirecTV to get stuffed and reversed the charge.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:43 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
I have used Paypal for over a decade, and have never had any problems at all...the few times that I returned and needed a credit, they fixed it immediately.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:42 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I have used Paypal for over a decade, and have never had any problems at all...the few times that I returned and needed a credit, they fixed it immediately.
I second this.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:05 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,379 times
Just don't buy digital downloads with Paypal. Paypal will not refund you. I hired a someone to create my company logo, letterhead, and business cards. I paid in full and the company did only half the work. I filed for partial money back because they only did half the work. Paypal refused because they say digital purchase are not part of the protection for refunds.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:50 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Put your complaint in writing. I'd focus on Sports Authority. They need to make sure it happens. Send them a demand letter and tell them you'll be happy to take a check, if they can't get the reversal figured out with PayPal. Things usually get done when you put things in writing.

I'd address it to "Legal Department" at their corporate headquarters and send it via USPS priority mail with tracking.

1050 W Hampden Ave, Englewood, CO 80110

Old 04-10-2016, 11:35 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
$20 is $20 why should you be out ? It is the principal of the matter.

I can't stand paypal but if you want to use ebay there is no other widely used method to pay and get paid.
The fees are shocking.
Another reason I don't like paypal is how they pulled out of North Carolina over the bathroom for transvestites issue yet they have offices in the phillipines where they have a horrible human rights record when it comes to gay people.

I once had a problem with them where my account was cancelled and I was banned for life because someone at my address sold something on their naughty list but they couldn't tell me what that was or who it was. I went back and forth on the phone with idiots many times with zero results.
I finally had to start a new account with them.

I say keep calling and writing both the store and paypal until you get your money back.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Yeah, honestly the best way to use PayPal, is to use it with your credit card. Then you can do a reversal through your credit card company. Or even the PayPal debit card, which has a Visa or Mastercard (forget) logo on it. Then, you have a better chance if you have problems.

PayPal Credit is awful. It's fine if there are no problems. But, I had a situation where I kept going back and forth with PayPal, Ebay and PayPal Credit, and nobody was on the same page, even though the transaction involved them all, and all are supposedly owned by Ebay. Finally had to do a complaint in writing. It did get resolved, but what a hassle. At one point I was on a conference call with PayPal and PayPal Credit, and even the PayPal rep couldn't believe how difficult PayPal Credit was making everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products