U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 05:51 PM

3,857 posts, read 5,384,197 times

Advertisements

Okay, it's a rhetorical question. Recently ordered from Staples, as the item I need is not in stock at the nearest store. I was assured of next day delivery. Great!

Not. While trying to track my purchase, I ran across a forum in amazon.com for this new delivery company. Oh good grief! Pages and pages of complaints. From what I've read, I may never get my router. Has anyone else had dealings with Prestige?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 519 times
Oh!!! The saga I could tell you about! Without getting into too much detail, because recanting the series of events may actually give me an aneurysm, but my mum is currently having a nightmare experience with Prestige Delivery Service, now under the title Lasership. Let me start by stating that my family are long time Staples customers, and have never encountered any problems with them until we relocated to Fredericksburg, Virginia.
My mother placed an order online @Staples.com early Monday morning with an expected delivery date of Tuesday, Aug. 2nd. Well, come Wednesday, no delivery, despite both Staples & P.D.S showing it had been successfully delivered. On Wednesday, status on delivery website was updated to say 'could not be delivered due to external factors'; apparently the drivers truck had broken down. Understandable. Sh*t happens. Online chat with Staples said he would contact the warehouse and get back to my mum within 24 hours. When we still hadn't heard back from Staples by midday Thursday, my mum contacted Prestige Delivery Customer Service. After a couple transfers to different departments, the Service Manager in Richmond put my mum on hold while he contacted the driver who assured them both delivery by 5:30pm. Now, I should mention that my mum is self-employed, working from home for attorneys all across the country. So this whole fiasco with Staples has so far cost her three days of delayed filings, posing potential consequences to not only her reputation, but also to the attorneys she works for, and the clients she represents. So today is now Friday. My mother once again reached out to Staples Customer Service this morning who once again reassured her the delivery would arrive at or around 5:30pm. My mother's protest that delivery at end of day on a Friday was just not acceptable was met with the representative's apathetic response of, "There's nothing I can do about it."

I plan on submitting a formal complaint to both Staples and Prestige Delivery Service on my mother's behalf. I will also be filing a grievance with the Better Business Bureau on both companies. While most of the blame is on Prestige, Staples' is not an innocent party because this is not the first time they have received complaints about this particular courier service. A quick internet search shows complaints dating back to 2013, and even further back for companies like Amazon. Regardless of the outcome of these events, my family will certainly not be doing business with Staples again unless they stop using Prestige Delivery Service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or