U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 06:55 PM

39,896 posts, read 57,726,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I think the core is the same size it's always been, also the width.

Spoiler

» Scott Toilet Paper: Here We Shrink Again
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 PM

8,214 posts, read 11,011,578 times
I am waiting for a quart of milk to get smaller. If you look at peanut butter, Skippy, now has a dented upward bottom like a wine bottle. When was the last time you bought a pound of coffee, or a 1/2 gallon of ice cream? Bars of soap have changed their shape which means they too are now smaller.

One of the changes I do appreciate however is the select a size paper towel. Most times the 1/2 sheets will do the job perfectly.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:12 PM

2,713 posts, read 2,331,415 times
As we have aged, we hold our comfort at a fairly high esteem. After some experimenting we have come to the conclusion that Charmin with Aloe is probably the most easiest on the body while the rest feel like #80 grit sandpaper by the end of the day.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:37 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,369,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I think the core is the same size it's always been, also the width.
The width has definitely gotten smaller. Elnina posted a nice little graphic. Apparently there are graphics for everything.

Most people don't understand because they want soft tissue but I actually HATE using very soft toilet paper. A little softness is okay but I have some weird tactile thing with paper towels and toilet paper that are very soft and it offends the tips of my fingers. I prefer Scott's but I tend to buy what is on sale.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:38 AM

15,360 posts, read 13,793,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I was just noticing that TP does not last as long as it used to, seems to be a lot less per roll that just a short time ago. I buy the 12 packs and switch back and forth between brands, but my supply goes down very quickly these days. A roll only lasts for a few uses and then it is gone.

Don

That's one of the reasons I switched to Charmin MEGA Rolls, they last a lot longer than normal rolls.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:52 AM

327 posts, read 260,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Target has slowly stopped selling the smaller packages of the brand we use. We used to get the 4 pack, then we had to buy a 12 pack and now the smallest package is 24 rolls. The 24 pack is actually just 6 4-packs packaged together. SO just leaves the extras in his car trunk (no garage) and brings in a 4 pack as needed.
That's a great idea, especially when you have to pull over for an emergency roadside poop.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:57 AM

327 posts, read 260,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That's why you should not compare # of sheets, or unit price per sheet, but the sqft. E.g. take few 4 packs of different brand, line them up, and compare the total sqft. Then compare the price per roll.
They don't want you to compare similar products an easy way. When one is listed per sheet, another will be listed per roll , or "unit" - whatever that is.
Sq feet is helpful, but what if one is thinner gauge than the other?

Old 01-28-2016, 10:01 AM

11,265 posts, read 21,191,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberto9 View Post
That's a great idea, especially when you have to pull over for an emergency roadside poop.
It's like traveling in Mexico, always bring your own toilet paper.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Status: "Republicans: "Soros, Soros, Soros!"" (set 1 day ago)

8,418 posts, read 5,995,110 times
This thread reminds me of that movie with Robin Williams where he was traveling to the US from Russia with a musical group (I think). He went shopping and bought loads of toilet paper. I guess toilet paper was hard to find in Russia at that time? He ended up defecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
Do like I do and use both sides.
Lasts a lot longer but cleanup is a beyatch!

Lol.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:07 PM

5,667 posts, read 3,284,365 times
The govt has mandated Ethanol in the gas, driving up the price of corn, so corn cobs aren't a solution anymore.

I have never been to the Middle East, but I have heard they have two kinds of TP. One is like sandpaper and the other is like waxed paper.

I haven't seen a Sears catalog in years. Monkey Ward is long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or