Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 07:20 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times

Advertisements

Here's the theme song for this thread and the folks all het up bout TP

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMpW2dBeeUg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 07:13 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Is this a serious thread?????

Old 05-01-2016, 08:52 PM

3,954 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Depends on what side of the bathroom door you are on!

I have to add...

When I was broke in TN (no, this won't make a good country song! ) toilet paper was unaffordable with little money!! I even asked at the job center for the extra toilet paper left after the janitor changed the larger roll. Or I had paper napkins When I bought $1items at fastfood. Then I found Walgreens had 12 rolls for 4.99 minus $1 coupon. I could do that!

NOW I am back to WI and have a job at a grocery store, i can afford It better!

I recently bought 18 mega rolls, supposed to be like 48 rolls (shrugs shoulders). I do know it says 508 square feet (2-ply)and it cost me $9.00- I got $1.00 employee discount. Still, I think this was a good buy! And I store it in the bathroom closet. I think I will buy another package since it is still on sale.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic
It IS bud,please dont be afraid to add your comments on it!!

Old 05-01-2016, 11:33 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Most TP is about the same size (square sheet that is) while the 500 sheet 2 ply is the best buy. I have seen a 400 sheet 2 ply.

What they have done is to make the inside larger so as to keep the exterior the same.

Originally the inside matched the old style wooden roller of yesteryear and then a plastic roller came about. Some may remember it being spring loaded....I have one of those in a chrome based holder that is spring loaded on one end with a button to press to open.

The sheets now days are puffed up with air pockets so a 4pk will be light as a feather so to speak.

Decades ago they had a 1000 sheet 4pk on the shelf....think it was a Scot brand.

Kleenex makes a BR tissue that is a 500 sheet 2 ply and very SOFT but not always available here in Baja. I used to buy it from a weekend swap meet seller while it is not sold in the large Mkts in Rosarito.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
yes, and I can't believe I just read the whole thing..

Old 05-02-2016, 03:30 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Hah..I've read it all, too.. and involves something that everyone relates to.

I realize it comes down to personal preference. I have regularly bought a store brand (Kroger) finding it to be strong yet soft and the store (Ralphs) also sends me coupons for items purchased often - sometimes being for FREE. It's Six rolls for $3.29, or at their sister market, "Food For Less", for $2.99 - the 12 rolls for $5.99 or there abouts. I bought one from another store (Vons) that was from recycled paper, "Earth-something", and thought it felt like plastic, so I returned it.

Since I have tried different ones again due to pricing and coupons, I've found this:

Quilted Northern - 3-ply = soft, textured - don't need as much at a time.

Cottonelle - 2 or 3-ply = Soft, has ripples.

Angel soft - 2-ply = a bit thin. Got a deal on 12 rolls recently, but will not get again.

I just want to feel clean and dry.. (and do not buy one-ply of anything).

Glad we can discuss our bathroom needs.

Also, I find by watching store ads and coupons each week, you can get deals. (For instance - Cat litter that is normally sold for $12.99, can be had for $4.88 some weeks). I am not a Costco member, but I think I do fine.

Oh, regarding storage, I got this cool thing from Rubbermaid some years ago, which is narrow, about 30" H, 18" L , 7" W - fitting between the wall and toilet. It holds 4 rolls in the flip-top shelf, then there are two drawers that slide out lengthwise, one taller, in which I keep the rest stored. I believe they stopped making this, but there might be something similar. Also, I have one of those cabinets you assemble (from Target) in the vanity area, which one can also use for storage. (I only mention since some say they store T P where it is not handy).

Old 05-02-2016, 08:01 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Well, I"m going to throw a monkey wrench into this whole topic...

The worst toilet paper for your plumbing, not YOUR plumbing, but your houses plumbing is that fluffy squeezable soft stuff that just turns into gobs when you throw it in the toilet. It takes a much longer time to break it down and it may clog your toilet. So, your tushy may be happier, but your wallet, not so much.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Yup.... Most of this newer NON-TRADITIONAL stuff is just trash!!

Old 05-02-2016, 02:39 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Do believe that most if not all TP is supposed to be Biodegradable.

All one needs to do is tear off a couple of sheets and old them under the sink Fawcett for them to crumble into a very small mass. This will not hurt the house plumbing or septic either way.......Paper towels is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products