U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,718,320 times

Advertisements

Yes. I go in there once in a blue moon, not to buy anything mind you but it's usually just a time killer waiting to do something else. The people in there always have a very elitist energy about them, and it's very uncomfortable if you're not 'one of them'. I dunno, I'll stick with the crowd at Aldi. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 01:32 PM

3,685 posts, read 8,497,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
She parked me in the coffee shop while she shopped. It was pleasant an normal with the barrister doing a reasonable job.
You know Whole Foods prices are high when they have a lawyer in the store to interact with customers. Is the lawyer to draw up the contract for purchasing your cart of groceries?

Old 02-06-2016, 01:36 PM

12,973 posts, read 13,075,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
You know Whole Foods prices are high when they have a lawyer in the store to interact with customers. Is the lawyer to draw up the contract for purchasing your cart of groceries?
Might well have been. Many years ago our local was owed and run by a disbarred lawyer.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Status: "This is the dawning of the age of asparagus..." (set 9 days ago)

10,100 posts, read 22,452,714 times
I like Whole Foods most of the time. There are some good finds in there if you buy their 365 brand. And use their coupon booklets. The only time I had a problem at Whole Foods was the location at Town Square this last September. I purchased about 7 items and when we got home, I saw a $2.85 charge for a small cup of coffee. I did not buy any coffee. But the clerk was drinking a cup of coffee that I think she scanned so I could pay for it without my knowledge???
When I explained it to the manager when we went back the next day, she acted like I lied about the whole thing. I don't lie and to be accused of doing it ticks me off. I have decided to not shop at that particular store anymore when we are in that area. We used to be frequent customers at that one since it had more of things in stock than the Tenaya store.
And now since Smiths sells a lot of the same items we would buy at Whole Foods, we do not even have to go to a Whole Foods. And save more money in the process.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:01 PM

3,576 posts, read 4,241,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
A British lawyer at that! The exchange rate agains the pound is a killer!

Old 02-06-2016, 02:14 PM

15,736 posts, read 18,236,387 times
I have shopped there in the past, even when I was working part time. In fact, the Whole Foods I shopped at was sometimes refered to locally as the ghetto Whole Foods because most of its patrons were lower middle class, students, hippies, and other lower income types, at least by WF standards.

Yes, if you use it as your sole grocery store, you will pay out the wazoo, but if you use it for just the things that are worth paying more for such as meat and dairy, and avoid all packaged, processed stuff, then it serves it purpose. To me, anyway.

As far as the people looking weird, well, at your typical location they are probably mostly rich, stay-at-home housewives, one of the weirdest demographics out there. The square root of (entitlement + self righteousness) * paranoia = some weird facial expressions.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:00 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,871,236 times
Frickin Yuppies

Old 02-06-2016, 07:29 PM

36 posts, read 27,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The square root of (entitlement + self righteousness) * paranoia = some weird facial expressions.
You nailed it on the paranoia. They keep looking around and like behind their shoulders and they look SCARED.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:37 PM

6,235 posts, read 6,116,095 times
Nope, not that mad at my money to bother shopping there.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:05 PM

6,390 posts, read 2,984,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Well, they are probably the shoppers like myself who very rarely go in there and walk around in disbelief over how expensive everything is! It can be a very confusing and disturbing experience!
I shopped @ Whole Foods in August 2015 when it opened here in Florida and it was a very interesting experience.
The store was very small for all of it's hype and I agree with you at how all of the items were so expensive!
Granted they had all sorts of items that appealed to the Organic , environmentally , drug free meat & produce market.

I really don't know what you mean by the shoppers being weird though.
Then again I'm a Floridian so weirdness comes with the territory !!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or