U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 PM

13,058 posts, read 7,932,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Can I ask who/how you talked with at amazon. for the life of me I have not been able to find a simple go to phone number or email.
I always use the online chat, but they do have a phone number/email you can use as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Fill out the forums of what you need help with and it will give you the option to get help through email, phone or online chat. If you choose phone, it will ask you to enter your number, and Amazon will call you when a representative is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 05:46 PM

18,478 posts, read 23,972,647 times
At some point, I put this Amazon number in my phone. You could try it:

206-508-4051

I just use the chat now, as sometimes I have a hard time understanding the people who answer the phone.

I'm seriously re-thinking my Amazon prime membership. It's up later this month. I just got a free trial with Netflix and SO much more is available for no extra cost. So many of the Amazon videos cost an extra rental or purchase fee. And I'm finding other music options, so I'm okay with giving up Amazon Prime music. I don't use anything else.

I'll probably just start only buying my bigger ticket items on Amazon to get the free shipping - but only if I can't get them cheaper anywhere else. I'll probably move my business to Walmart, where I can return anything at the Walmart in town. The real reason I have liked Amazon is the ease of returning and ordering. I don't like ordering from Walmart.com, because the free shipping takes forever, and shipping to store isn't any faster. But, the returns are easy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon starts charging a surcharge for the heavier items like dog food, too. Staples just started doing that. I'm betting it's a trend that even Amazon will start doing.

I don't like that I have to lock in my Prime membership for an entire year, either. Anyway, I think I'll let it lapse and see how I survive. Maybe buy more stuff on Ebay, too.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:08 PM

11,615 posts, read 20,774,393 times
Same here! Big ticket item I might consider if it's a great price, otherwise, NO.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:31 PM

111 posts, read 66,558 times
I was unaware that the minimum purchase for free shipping on Amazon had increased from $35 to $49 until I recently went to pre-order a book that I wanted. I proceeded to order more than $100 worth of goods, so I did get free shipping on that order. I have never purchased a Prime membership and it's unlikely that I will do so.

As oldhousegirl mentioned, I too noticed the increase in Amazon's regular shipping rates, and have also purchased online from Wal*Mart with the option to pick up in store. Love that!

With regard to UPS and FedEx leaving packages - I signed up for notifications from each source some time ago. I receive emails (and notifications via Slice app) when I have a package en route, and also when a package is delivered. I was able to request that packages be left on my front stoop, and I gave my permission to drop my shipments without obtaining a signature.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:01 PM

18,478 posts, read 23,972,647 times
For the packages, I decided to rent a private mailbox at a local mailbox/office business. Then I don't have to worry about other tenants with sticky fingers or waiting around all day.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:15 AM

4,647 posts, read 4,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
For the packages, I decided to rent a private mailbox at a local mailbox/office business. Then I don't have to worry about other tenants with sticky fingers or waiting around all day.

I've never had that problem. Nor have my neighbors. thankfully.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I always use the online chat, but they do have a phone number/email you can use as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Fill out the forums of what you need help with and it will give you the option to get help through email, phone or online chat. If you choose phone, it will ask you to enter your number, and Amazon will call you when a representative is available.

Thank you for the link. I "chatted" with someone and hopefully it is straightened out.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:01 PM

13,058 posts, read 7,932,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjuice View Post
With regard to UPS and FedEx leaving packages - I signed up for notifications from each source some time ago. I receive emails (and notifications via Slice app) when I have a package en route, and also when a package is delivered. I was able to request that packages be left on my front stoop, and I gave my permission to drop my shipments without obtaining a signature.
I have the Amazon app on my phone, so I get a notification when my package ships, another one on the day its supposed to arrive, and a notification when it has been delivered.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I have the Amazon app on my phone, so I get a notification when my package ships, another one on the day its supposed to arrive, and a notification when it has been delivered.

Yeah, I get all that too... problem is they never delivered to me. After my convo with amazon they said, it would be delivered today. What a joke. Nothing has come. I'm over the whole thing.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:54 PM

6,857 posts, read 3,861,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Yeah, I get all that too... problem is they never delivered to me. After my convo with amazon they said, it would be delivered today. What a joke. Nothing has come. I'm over the whole thing.

Amazon assumes that the delivery service is able to handle its workload. In cities like Los Angeles they are not. Before there was tracking available the services managed their loads and if you were able to track you would have seen a lost day. Now with tracking nobody reports that they don't have the resources to meet the standards sellers want to keep you out of a local store. So you get in many cases a false message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or