U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 PM

4,726 posts, read 4,113,946 times
Default What was your worst customer service experience?

Does anyone have a good story about the worst service they ever recieved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 PM

47,963 posts, read 43,427,781 times
hands down, a sociopath.
no body language no voice
tone, no warning whatsover.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:34 PM

116 posts, read 289,808 times
I have several, but the worst was that me and another person went to Taco Bell about a year ago and got these bowl things they had. I don't think they have them anymore, but they were like salads with meat and stuff. We both ordered one and got one dressing. We asked for another one and the guy said we had to share and the second would be $1.00 .
Then the guy got some food and went out to the lobby to eat while we were still waiting. So we went to him and told him we wanted our money back and left and later called and I think he got fired. I also think he was there alone, which is strange since there are usually people making the food......

Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 AM

4,584 posts, read 9,082,515 times
One time at wal-mart they had a big sign over a new release dvd that was like $15 and some change,so I got it and when the cashier rang it up it was like $18,I told her about the sign and she called electronics dept.and a customer service manager(CSM) and they said no its $18, and I said no I saw the sign,I wouldnt have grabbed it if it were $18,and I said come with me I'll show you, so as we were walking back to electronics they were changing the sign and I caught them in the act,Wal-Mart has a policy that if a item rings up wrong that the customer gets $3 off that item and they didnt want to give me that either,so I just had to call the Store manager and the district manager.I doubt they did anything.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:25 AM

6,351 posts, read 12,517,374 times
Ordered breakfast at a Friendly's Ice Cream Restaurant somewhere in PA (I think); told the waitress I wanted my bacon "crisp". She brought out my plate and set it down, saying: "That's as good as it gets; it gets crispier as the day goes on" Needless to say, I didn't leave her a tip and I've NEVER darkened the doorway of a Friendly's since.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM

5,255 posts, read 11,133,502 times
Once in wag's restaurant - the waitress took our order, then left... never turned in our order to the chef. We waited for about 45 minutes - then talked to the manager... who apologized profusely. NO, we did not get our dinner free.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,405,318 times
I was shopping at Dillards when my son was 6 months old (not quite 8 years ago) the day he got fitted with one of the helmets that help when their soft spots are flattening instead of rounding. He looked like a little football player and the thing was navy blue. Not very easy to disguise not that we would have tried to. Anyway, I had received a gift certificate from work so I was just looking around. There were 3 sales people standing by the register doing nothing but talking. When we walked by one of them actually said to the others "I wonder what she did to that baby." The others mumbled something back to her. I was so mad! Another mother had heard it and came up and told me she knew what it was and not to worry about idiots like that. I walked up to their little group and told them I didn't do anything to my child and they needed to learn to keep their mouths shut when people can hear them. Handed them the gift card and told them I wouldn't take anything from that store if they gave it to me. I didn't set foot back in there until 2 years ago to buy the only dress I could find I liked for a Christmas party. And I told everyone about it. A lot of my friends stopped shopping there too. A bunch of freakin' snobby idiots!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM

5,255 posts, read 11,133,502 times
Now that I think about it, I had problems with snobby employees in a high end store too (L&T) on several occasions. Never shopped there again.

Best customer service: marshall field's in chicagoland (r.i.p.)

Old 02-15-2008, 04:33 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,002,956 times
Dillards is an awefull place for service(evan worse to work at) Sorry this happened to you how rude.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 PM

7,691 posts, read 8,586,292 times
Worst customer service was at Target.

My Uncle bought me a gift card for there and sent it to me. Because our grand USPS is lame as a duck, most of the barcode had been worn away when I got it. I went to Target and to the C.S desk to see what could be done.

They required the purchase authorization number from the receipt, so I gave him a call. They ran it in and said, "we need the actual receipt. See if he can drive it over here." My jaw dropped, "You mean from Seattle?" Mind you, this was in Virginia Beach.

The rep said, "well, then I guess you can't buy anything. Have a great day" and basically shooed me off. I asked for the card back and she said, "not until we see the receipt."

That's the bad customer service part. Next comes the too-late redemption.

I demanded to speak with a manager who apologized for the idiot's action. He said that I couldn't use that card, but he loaded another card (because the authorization was RIGHT THERE) with double the amount and said to enjoy my shopping trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products