U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 11:46 PM

1,789 posts, read 1,491,477 times

Advertisements

I don't know if anyone else is seeing the same but it seems like Amazon is starting to drop the ball lately on shipping times.

I subscribe to Amazon Prime. I order tons of stuff from Amazon. Years ago, once or twice a year a package would get delayed for a day or so. In the last year or so, it seems like this happens nearly every time I order. I double check that yes, I am ordering a Prime product, and yet it takes 3 or 4 days to actually arrive. I just ordered 7 items this Monday morning at about 2 am. 6 of them are prime and they all listed expected delivery dates of Wed when I checked out. 3 of those six just got updated with an expected delivery date of Thurs. I don't know about you but where I am from that's 3 days, not 2. I usually don't pay attention to this but its beginning to get annoying and make me question why I shell out the money for Prime while I am not getting my supposed benefits.

The main benefit I use is the shipping and Amazon is starting to not hold up their end of the deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 11:50 PM

35,108 posts, read 41,303,728 times
Contact amazon about the issue. I have things from amazon coming at least 3 days a week most weeks and nothing have been late in my deliveries.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:01 PM

6,857 posts, read 3,861,850 times
With paper towels and razor blades now being delivered the industry can no longer meet the demands of the shippers. It was just two weeks ago that local post office management had the ability to report a delay because of the lack of vehicles and carriers. So now Amazon does send a follow up delayed message

Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM

15,240 posts, read 20,189,343 times
I place at least 30 orders a month with Amazon and have been seeing this for a couple of years. Amazon Prime promises -- on the product page, on the order confirmation page and in the order confirmation email -- that an item will arrive on a certain date, always in two days...and then it usually takes a minimum of 3 days and sometimes 4-5 days to arrive. When I check the tracking, I find that the item wasnt even shipped out for at least 2 days.

And dont get me started on the 1-day shipping. At least 50% of the times when I pay for 1-day shipping I have to request a refund of the shipping fee -- again because Amazon's shipping department doesnt ship it out timely.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:59 PM

13,058 posts, read 7,932,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I place at least 30 orders a month with Amazon and have been seeing this for a couple of years. Amazon Prime promises -- on the product page, on the order confirmation page and in the order confirmation email -- that an item will arrive on a certain date, always in two days...and then it usually takes a minimum of 3 days and sometimes 4-5 days to arrive. When I check the tracking, I find that the item wasnt even shipped out for at least 2 days.

And dont get me started on the 1-day shipping. At least 50% of the times when I pay for 1-day shipping I have to request a refund of the shipping fee -- again because Amazon's shipping department doesnt ship it out timely.
If your Prime 2-day shipping doesn't arrive on time, you can request a credit to your Amazon account. As long as the product page, order confirmation and email confirmation all specify the same specific day. I've only had it happen once where I complained because it was something I needed on the day it was supposed to arrive. I think my credit was something like $3.99. But if it is something that happens to you often, those credits can add up. You are paying for the 2-day shipping with your prime membership. Just as you ask for a refund on shipping when you pay for 1-day shipping, you should for 2-day shipping as well.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:15 AM

18,478 posts, read 23,972,647 times
Yep, just complain and they'll refund you. They're banking on the folk who don't.

The bloom has worn off of Amazon Prime for me, too.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:18 AM

15,240 posts, read 20,189,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If your Prime 2-day shipping doesn't arrive on time, you can request a credit to your Amazon account. As long as the product page, order confirmation and email confirmation all specify the same specific day. I've only had it happen once where I complained because it was something I needed on the day it was supposed to arrive. I think my credit was something like $3.99. But if it is something that happens to you often, those credits can add up. You are paying for the 2-day shipping with your prime membership. Just as you ask for a refund on shipping when you pay for 1-day shipping, you should for 2-day shipping as well.

Thanks so much for this info.

Many of my Prime orders dont arrive within the promised 2-day timeframe. When I've contacted Amazon about the late deliveries, they've told me that Amazon can not guarantee 2-day Prime shipping based on how far the shipment has to travel, even if 2-day shipping was guaranteed for my order. I've never been offered any compensation and never knew to ask.

I googled this and found that Amazon has recently started a program, called Ship by Region, that lets certain sellers designate where they’re willing to ship goods in 2 days or less to Prime members. Apparently Prime members are not advised of this restriction when they place their orders -- only when they complain about the shipment's not arriving within the 2-day timeframe.

I used to shop almost exclusively at Amazon but, because of this problem and other issues with shipping (minimum tape on the boxes, causing them to come open in transit, and little-to-no packing material used for delicate items and bottles, resulting in broken or leaking merchandise), I've started shopping at other sites more often.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:45 AM

5,629 posts, read 2,980,185 times
I am also having problems with Amazon Prime and their delays in shipping. This is happening a lot - latest was an order placed on March 10 and as of today (March 16) it still has not shipped. Lame.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,391,344 times
I've had no problems with standard Amazon prime 2-day deliveries. I did have one problem with a one-day, but it was FedEx's problem, not Amazon and Amazon immediately refunded the one-day shipping fee. (Idiots at Fedex actually unloaded the package from Memphis in SLC, then loaded on a plane back to Memphis later that day.)
There are a few items, I sometimes purchase that are labeled PRIME, but are noted to take a couple extra days due to shipping regulations. Normally, liquids that require ground shipping only.
But PRIME shipping is only the minor part of the membership, I do a lot of PRIME TV.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 AM

22 posts, read 14,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I don't know if anyone else is seeing the same but it seems like Amazon is starting to drop the ball lately on shipping times.

I subscribe to Amazon Prime. I order tons of stuff from Amazon. Years ago, once or twice a year a package would get delayed for a day or so. In the last year or so, it seems like this happens nearly every time I order. I double check that yes, I am ordering a Prime product, and yet it takes 3 or 4 days to actually arrive. I just ordered 7 items this Monday morning at about 2 am. 6 of them are prime and they all listed expected delivery dates of Wed when I checked out. 3 of those six just got updated with an expected delivery date of Thurs. I don't know about you but where I am from that's 3 days, not 2. I usually don't pay attention to this but its beginning to get annoying and make me question why I shell out the money for Prime while I am not getting my supposed benefits.

The main benefit I use is the shipping and Amazon is starting to not hold up their end of the deal.
I have experienced the same too. Last week i ordered an item and it was delivered two days late. Maybe they are getting reluctant about deliveries or are having more orders than they can actually deliver in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or