U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM

1,610 posts, read 4,432,649 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing more than a few of you have seen that commercial for Green Bags which preserve the life of fresh produce. Well, last night when I saw the commercial run again, I decided I had to have some (double my order for the same $9.95). So I called the toll-free number and fell into the abyss. At the beginning of the recording they mention the 2-fer special and ask if you want to order - I did. They then confirm your address and name which evidently shows up on their caller ID (creepy) and ask if you want it shipped there - I did. Then they take the credit card info and I thought it would be over - not hardly! For the next 10 or more minutes they begin to make additional offers for Gold Bags (for bread) and Red Bags (meat) and super-sized bags for things like watermelon and longer-lived bags and extra packages of bags and even moving your order to the front of the line for extra money. Each time the pitch ends for the product you have to "press 1" to accept or "press 0" to decline but if you decline the pitch is repeated all over again. Then, at the end they offer $25 gift cards if you will sign up for some shopping service which I didn't understand - again, a repeat if you decline. Then yet another card offer - same repeat. You may be asking yourselves, why didn't you just hang up? Because only after you heard the entire litany of offers were you told that your order had been confirmed and would take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive (I will have forgotten I have ordered it by then). If ANY of you are tempted by the wonderfulness of those bags, go to their website and order without having to listen to the torture for almost 12 full minutes. Anyone not paying close attention could easily end up buying crap they had no intention of getting. I called their customer service this morning and complained vehemently and she said I wasn't the first - no sh*t Sherlock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,344,938 times
Must be your first time ordering something over the phone. That is nothing new. It's a surprise to me when they don't do that.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:53 PM

180 posts, read 902,197 times
I just wait for stuff like that to show up at Walgreen's (our local pharmacy). You don't get the 2-fers but I don't pay shipping charges or have to hand my cc# out on the phone either.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,773,308 times
or at the As-Seen-On-TV store in your local mall!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products