U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 08:13 PM

181 posts, read 222,204 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

So many MANY years ago I was at one of those crowd shows & this guy was selling this roll of high quality blue sheets that you can cut up & use for the kitchen, etc. In fact I saw those guys selling it several times. This was back around 2004/5

VERY absorbent & thick.

I absolutely LOVED them & have now lost the rest of the roll & want to buy more, but I don't know the name of it

It's not microfiber I am pretty sure, as I have those as well & it's not the same material.

Does anyone know what they are called? I can try to upload a pic if that would help.

Thanks a ton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 08:17 PM

18,478 posts, read 23,972,647 times
I'd love to find out. I recently got some really cute hand towels at the dollar store, and they're some type of microfiber and not absorbent at all.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:30 PM

Yeh I'm wondering if they even make them anymore. I wish I could remember the name of them.

They weren't cheap, but considering you got this HUGE roll that should last you a very long time (they are washable), I think in the end they are a very good price.

I have a feeling though that they only sell them at these trade shows (home shows).

Old 04-10-2016, 10:03 PM

24,080 posts, read 29,186,499 times
These may not be what you had but might do the job:

http://www.amazon.com/Kimberly-Clark.../dp/B0035BTQ06

Just realized you are in Israel. Could this be a product available only there?

Also, is the product cloth or paper?

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 04-10-2016 at 10:12 PM..

Old 04-11-2016, 03:59 PM

9,233 posts, read 19,297,559 times
I have some Sham-Wow wipes/rags. The large ones are orange and the smaller ones are blue. They were from one of those "as seen on TV" kiosks. I've had them like 10 years and they are still super-absorbent, even though they look pretty shot. The best use for them is when my dog, with super-absorbent fur, gets out of the bath tub and doesn't just shake water, but pours water all over the bathroom floor. The Sham-Wows just sop it right up.

Update: Oh look, they still sell them!
https://www.shamwow.com/?mid=7426098

http://www.amazon.com/Shamwow-made-i...ywords=shamwow

Old 04-19-2016, 12:34 PM

Ok YES Tracy, that's the name of them I think.

I called the convention center & they knew what I was talking about thank gawd

Now the only thing is there are 2 different names.

http://amzn.to/1SXCsnK & Amazon.com: Smart TV Solutions The Original German Shammy, 3 pack (20"x27" each): Home & Kitchen

Shamwow & Shammy & the ones I bought were in a roll (not flat), but the guy would just roll them up for us after his demo.

So now I don't know which one is the right one, as one guy complained that fluff would get on his car (I've NEVER had that experience) & another said it started to bead. Again, never had that experience.

The only thing I don't like about them is if I get oil on them when cleaning the stove, forget about getting that out even with washing it. It gets hard & crusty & I can't get it off.

Mine were blue, he never had orange & mine were as big as the roll you will see in the pic although of course I cut them up, so I don't know.

Thanks & suzy, no, I'd have them shipped to me.

I can't believe I have none left. LOL

Old 04-19-2016, 12:44 PM

39,907 posts, read 57,741,604 times
Long time ago, I bought a pack of... diapers (100% cotton), and they are super absorbent!
Would not use anything else, ever.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:09 AM

1,243 posts, read 699,853 times
Anyone have the s wow MOP? Is it easy to twist out the water? I just bought the spin one they advertised and disappointed with that. It soaks up so much water that in about 3 wash/rinses in the bucket all the water is used up and in the rinse bucket and I have to empty and refill the wash bucket. Also it's inconvenient to mop with, not very flexible and doesn't get into corners very well. I'd love to get a mop I actually LIKED!

Old 05-26-2016, 07:03 AM

20,419 posts, read 38,439,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Long time ago, I bought a pack of... diapers (100% cotton), and they are super absorbent!
Would not use anything else, ever.
Same here.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:19 PM

Do you guys go to your annual Home Show?

They usually have demonstrations of unique & (we hope) better quality mops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products