U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,995,540 times

Advertisements

I ordered some Valentine's Day roses for my wife from FTD.com. They got there 15 Feb. Sort of defeats the purpose of ordering flowers for...Valentine's Day.

Anyone else ever have trouble with FTD.com? Or was it just a fluke?

Also...getting in touch with their customer service was pointless. They disable the customer service option on their support number - it just drops you. Your only option is email. And they don't respond to email. I sent two. Nada. Zip. El zilcho.

Guess it's 1-800-flowers from now on. My friend tells me they are great and he's never had a problem. Might was well ask...anyone ever had a problem with them? I don't think I'll be doing FTD anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 12:53 PM

28,227 posts, read 19,775,538 times
I've never used FTD on line but have used 1-800Flowers and they delivered the exact date and even e-mailed me the night prior that order was just shipped, and e-mailed the next day stating delivery was accepted. Now that's great service.

So sorry your flowers go there like an after-thought!

Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM

28,227 posts, read 19,775,538 times
Oh also if you have AAA for your auto you get 15% discount on 1-800Flowers.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM

1,482 posts, read 4,771,399 times
FTD screwed our family twice. Apparently they just forward your order to whatever budget fly by night florist happens to be in the area. There's no guarantee you'll get anything that even remotely looks like what you're ordering or in what condition it will arrive. The last time we used them was for my grandparent's anniversary. There was no problem with the delivery but the half dead, broken, and poorly arranged flowers were quite embarrassing and very infuriating. Looked like something you might get out of the dumpster behind Safeway. It must be they don't expect the purchaser will ever see the flowers and the receiver won't complain about a gift.

I sent them an angry letter and made a couple phone calls but they only offered an apology and said I should deal with their member florist. In a low moment I told them where they could stick their apology. I dropped it in the end because it was taking me to a place where I didn't want to be. I'll never use FTD again.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,896,454 times
De La Flowers has some really good reviews, but I haven't used them.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:49 PM

250 posts, read 856,922 times
The worst flowers I ever got my wife - without a doubt - were from 1-800-flowers. I sent her roses for Valentine's Day... they had obviously been frozen, and the flowers were even browning out around the edges. Complaint to customer service led me to believe they really didn't care about customer satisfaction whatsoever. Seems to me like they get their flowers so far in advance of shipment that they're stored either at or below freezing temps in an attempt to stretch longevity. Never again.

FTD is just a portal... the order gets routed through to a LOCAL florist. Thus, the flowers and service you get are as good as whichever local florist gets the order. And, from what I can tell, you cannot pick which local florist gets the order. I tried specifying once, to no avail.

That said, most local florists, in my area at least, tend to have a fresher product than what I've seen through the mail-order or 1-800 outfits or supermarkets.

If you have a good local florist, they can probably put together an FTD bouquet for you. That's where FTD's real value is... they put together selections of flower arrangements and key them according to what occasion. For most non-metrosexual guys, that's a big help. But if you see an FTD arrangement online that you like, you can probably contact your local florist directly - one that you know does a good job - and ask them to put the same thing together for you. Plus you'll save the $10 (or whatever) service charge that FTD gets for putting your order through to them.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:29 PM

563 posts, read 2,338,409 times
I have been using 1800 flowers for a few years now. Never any real issues. Actually...one time, there was an issue with a few wilting flowers when my mother recieved them and they sent a new order to her right away. The only other issue was this past Valentines's Day....I had scheduled flowers to be delivered the day before Valentine's day (2/13). I made three orders...one to my fiancee, one to her mother, and one to my mother. My mother's was the only one that was delayed for some reason but it did arrive on Valentine's Day so I did not concern myself with it. Overall, I have been happy with the service and if you catch it right, with some coupons, you get real good deals. They are always emailing me stuff. My only complaint and I guess its due to regional florists who honor the order, shipping can be pricy depending on what and how much you order.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,102 times
I used to order from FTD and 1800 flowers and all the other big players. They all do the same thing....they just get a florist in your area to provide you flowers and hope to god they have the flowers you need. the problem is, sometimes they don't so you end up getting a flower arrangement that may be different than what their website shows.

Their websites say that substitutions may be made (in fine print of course) and so apparently that seems to be common among these companies. They are simply agents or middlemen who take your order then call florists in your local area. I have no problem with that but just know that is how the arrangement is setup.

So now I just end up finding a florist in the area where I need flowers delivered so I can speak to the actual florist who will be doing the arrangement. That seems to be working. Lately, I started looking into online flower wholesalers. They actually ship the flower you want from the farm so you get exactly what you want. Wholeblossoms.com for example has a ton of flowers and they've been able to send flowers all the way from south america. When I look up my tracking numbers, they said originating from Colombia and Ecuador. Seems to be workign so far so I will continue to use them. So that is another idea for anyone contemplating another way to get flowers.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:13 AM

39,906 posts, read 57,741,604 times
I send flowers quite often and tried different companies. I got the best flowers with "ProFlowers". Always very fresh, good deals and on time.

BTW: this thread is over 2,5 years old...

Old 10-28-2010, 07:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I ordered some Valentine's Day roses for my wife from FTD.com. They got there 15 Feb. Sort of defeats the purpose of ordering flowers for...Valentine's Day.

Anyone else ever have trouble with FTD.com? Or was it just a fluke?

Also...getting in touch with their customer service was pointless. They disable the customer service option on their support number - it just drops you. Your only option is email. And they don't respond to email. I sent two. Nada. Zip. El zilcho.

Guess it's 1-800-flowers from now on. My friend tells me they are great and he's never had a problem. Might was well ask...anyone ever had a problem with them? I don't think I'll be doing FTD anymore.

I had almost the same situation happen to me. I ordered flowers from FTD.com for my Mom's birthday. They did get to her in time, but they were absolutely NOT the flowers I ordered! There were this pathetic little bunch of sad flowers, in a tiny drinking glass, not a large vase as described. Anyway, I was angry and embarrassed that my Mom got that, and not the beautiful flowers that she was supposed to get.

So I emailed them twice, no response. I didn't even bother calling after I did some research online and found that calls to them were either dropped or ignored. So I was annoyed that as a paying customer I was totally unsatisfied and ignored. I contacted the Better Business Bureau. I explained exactly what had happened...and someone from FTD called me that afternoon!! He apologized profusely, he was very nice and seemed sincere. He gave me all of my money back and apologized again.

I suggest if you are being ignored by FTD, and no doubt they have awful customer service and ignore everyone (after reading 36 bad reviews about them in a row on one site)....I would take it to the next level. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products