Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 02:58 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, for the Amazon Prime members here, I would like to know what shipping service does Amazon use for most of your Prime orders and whether or not it varies by region.

Most of my Prime orders use the hybrid Amazon+USPS shipping, where Amazon delivers the package to the local post office and the USPS makes the last mile delivery. I do get occasional orders shipped on UPS and OnTrac as well. I never seem to get FedEx except for Marketplace sellers. Interestingly, I have yet to have any Prime orders shipped using Amazon Logistics, the white van Amazon drivers.

What shipping service does most of your Prime orders use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 03:05 PM

22,584 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Hmmmm... I never really noticed or cared.
I THINK UPS delivers the majority, because boxes arrive some time in the morning and my mail comes mid-afternoon.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Its a mix between USPS and FedEx. Sometimes Awhile ago I was getting everything by USPS, then I started getting everything FedEX, but then the two deliveries I had this week both came USPS. One of the deliveries this week was an Amazon Prime, and another was from a third party seller (It was a used book, so I probably got it from a Goodwill).

I prefer that my items be shipped by FedEx, because the USPS won't leave anything that doesn't fit in my mailbox. Larger boxes have to be picked up at the post office, which kind of defeats the purpose of having something delivered to my house when I still need to make a special trip to the post office.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:43 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
"We may ship products by ground or air; our shipping speeds don't correspond to any carrier-branded shipping services."
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201118070 <<< see the "Note"

Old 11-01-2016, 03:58 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
"We may ship products by ground or air; our shipping speeds don't correspond to any carrier-branded shipping services."
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201118070 <<< see the "Note"
I don't think that is what the OP was asking. That's the official Amazon answer, but often customers will tend to have there orders shipped by certain carriers.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:02 PM

I understand. I have my orders shipped to Post Office, and have no clue who is transporting them there.
They claim to use "local carrier in your area" , so I guess, it depends who are the locals.
Here what other Amazon customers said:
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-...&cdSort=newest

From this list, it seems they use many carriers.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201117350

They most likely use the cheapest sources, and also invest in their own trucks and jets.
Flex drivers in Texas are already delivering Amazon.com packages and not just Prime Now orders. Amazon Flex works like on-demand ride-hailing service Uber. In order to qualify, Amazon said drivers must have a four-door car that is a “mid-sized sedan or larger” and that drivers would be paid an introductory rate of $18 per hour. They can schedule shifts between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m seven days a week.
So, I guess, it's really hard to guess how your next package will arrive at your doorsteps.
http://fortune.com/2016/02/18/amazon-flex-deliveries/

Last edited by elnina; 11-01-2016 at 04:19 PM..

Old 11-01-2016, 04:18 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I understand. I have my orders shipped to Post Office, and have no clue who is transporting them there.
They claim to use "local carrier in your area" , so I guess, it depends who are the locals.
Here what other Amazon customers said:
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-...&cdSort=newest

From this list, it seems they use many carriers.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201117350
Note that for Prime orders shipped using USPS, Amazon themselves actually transports the package to your local post office, where the USPS makes the final delivery from there. If you ever tracked an Amazon Prime order shipped via USPS, until the delivery day the tracking shows that the package is in possession of a "Shipping Partner".

Old 11-01-2016, 06:10 PM

^^^ Yes! I noticed that.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:24 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its a mix between USPS and FedEx. Sometimes Awhile ago I was getting everything by USPS, then I started getting everything FedEX, but then the two deliveries I had this week both came USPS. One of the deliveries this week was an Amazon Prime, and another was from a third party seller (It was a used book, so I probably got it from a Goodwill).

I prefer that my items be shipped by FedEx, because the USPS won't leave anything that doesn't fit in my mailbox. Larger boxes have to be picked up at the post office, which kind of defeats the purpose of having something delivered to my house when I still need to make a special trip to the post office.
Exactly!

Old 11-01-2016, 06:59 PM

17 posts, read 24,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I was wondering, for the Amazon Prime members here, I would like to know what shipping service does Amazon use for most of your Prime orders and whether or not it varies by region.

Most of my Prime orders use the hybrid Amazon+USPS shipping, where Amazon delivers the package to the local post office and the USPS makes the last mile delivery. I do get occasional orders shipped on UPS and OnTrac as well. I never seem to get FedEx except for Marketplace sellers. Interestingly, I have yet to have any Prime orders shipped using Amazon Logistics, the white van Amazon drivers.

What shipping service does most of your Prime orders use?
They use a combination of distribution companies that makes the delivery logistics go smoother. One time I Amazon and told them to remove this janky company from a list of companies who could service me because they left my wedding package in the front entryway of a large apartment building. The part you didn't even need a key to enter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products