U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 09:15 PM

33,046 posts, read 22,657,025 times

Advertisements

Seems to have very good reviews and the only concerns seem to be that it's a little larger than some people prefer (requires more counter space than desired) and someone thought the center is undercooked. Someone else thought there was an unhappy tradeoff between crust, center, and toppings: they said if the crust is crispy, the toppings are overcooked and if the toppings are just right, the center is undercooked. In general, reviewers were very happy with the crispy crust. Many people recommended a preheat time of 5 minutes.

While size might be a concern to some, weight doesn't appear to be a concern.

The manufacturer claims its dual elements can cook up to 625 degrees, which is the highest temperature I've seen for a countertop cooker. It's rated at 1575 watts, which is also the highest I've seen for a countertop cooker.

It has five settings, each with its own fixed cooking temperature: bake (e.g. for frozen pot pies or lasagna), snacks, regular pizzas, rising crust, and deep dish. Presumably the instructions come with more helpful explanations. The (last three above) pizza settings cook at 600 degrees. Its timer automatically turns off the heat when the time runs out, so it automatically shuts off. The only concern I see with the timer is that it appears to be adjustable only in integer minutes - so if 5 minutes if too much, try 4 minutes. Some reviewers mentioned experimenting at first with trial and error to find the settings which are just right.

It appears to be available only online, at a range of prices from $75 (Walmart) to its list price of $149 - this includes free shipping. Has two-year warranty.

Well I'm going to buy one and i expect to use it frequently.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 09:18 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,507,929 times
5-Minute Countertop Pizza Oven Delivers - Consumer Reports

Consumer Reports approves!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or