Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 09:30 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times

Advertisements

I'm really ticked off, but (unfortunately) not surprised.

Employees in stores, etc. - even managers - are progressively more concerned with not getting blamed and defending themselves than they are with solving the problem and keeping customers.

Case in point:
Earlier I go into a convenience store in my neighborhood where I've been getting snacks, lottery, gum, etc. for several years. Of course there is always turnover, but over the past couple months service has been getting really shoddy. Items not being restocked, clerks chatting with each other while customers wait, etc.

So today I walk in and was hit in the face with a VERY strong bleach/cleaning fluid odor. I said something and the clerk said "It's not MY fault, it was her." He pointed to some girl in the aisle mopping.

Another customer came in and mentioned the odor and walked out. No one bothered to open a door to air the place out (it wasn't that cold outside).

Then I went to get something and they were out....I mentioned they were out of the item the last 2 times I'd been there. The "manager" went into this loooooong diatribe of excuses and kept saying it wasn't HIS fault. Then the clerk butted in and said (another store) has what I wanted. Not a smart thing to say. Manager said nothing.

I walked out. I'm tired of spending my money there. I might go to their website and file a complaint, for all the good it would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 08:44 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Corporate won't do much of anything anymore. Numerous retail chains are spiraling down and crashing. Corporate is using the "do more with less" attitude. Pay scales are now less than they were a decade ago. FT positions have been turned into FTE positions. There is so much micromanaging going on that employees simply quit and walk out the door. Employees are getting the blame for everything and Corporate is using the "Heads I win, Tails you lose" approach to it's employees. So basically one is either going to walk into a store and get what they need and walk back out or simply skip the stores and shift to Amazon or Jet.

One can go and read the employees POV at https://www.reddit.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products