Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:35 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I looked for the fans to find out just how much it would be. I know they're expensive, but I wanted to know, just how much since it was a singleton in the store. When I asked, even the cashier and her manager said, "oh, that's a good price" and "it must be on clearance". It's not like they scanned it and I kept my mouth shut and walked out the door. I just thought I got a really good deal and wondered if maybe it was defective.

Good point about the get it in writing. I know my BF talked about looking into the AG's office.

It's Costco. I didn't want to say, just to see the responses first, but since you asked....oh and of course, now I can't shop there until this is sorted out....or until I pay them.

See my paragraph above. Considering I had no idea that what it rang up as was wrong, I don't think I'm being dishonest in any way. If I had known the actual price (and it rang up wrong), then yes, that's being dishonest.
You need to head to the store and talk to the manager (just read your update that you're waiting in the GM) . They can pull up the history on your transaction, including the manger who over rode the price, and they will figure this out.

Generally, if the items scans one price, which is different than the shelf price, you pay the scan price. In your case, the manager manually entered the price...not the cashier, not you, but the manager. Even if you knew the price and it rang up different...how do you know it wasn't on clearance? That's happened to me a few times, I buy an item and it rings up on sale and I pay the sale price.

I find it odd that they actually took it to this level and after three months are looking expecting you to pay the balance.

I'll be watching this for a final update......if they give you a hard time, take it to social media. i did that with Sprint when they continually screwed up my account....one or two posts and boom! My account was fixed and I even got a credit for my 'troubles'. As soon as I got that credit, I dropped them like a ton of bricks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 12:29 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
Quick update.

I wasn't able to call the CEO, so I wrote him an email last night. This morning, I received a call from the GM (finally). He said he received the email (at least they forwarded it to him), the manager is out on medical leave and although she left him a note, he must have missed the importance of it.

In my letter, I basically asked them to let this go as I will more than make it up in purchases (I spend about $200 a week there, if not more) and even upgraded my membership (trial, but still), and yes, said they made 3 errors. I also told them that because there is a block on my account, I can't shop there and have been unhappily giving even more money to the grocery store (I really need to find farmer's markets). I was very professional and respectful, what I just wrote was my short, crude version.

The GM at least lifted the block, but he still wants to "have a conversation" to "get this taken care of". He left his cellphone number, so I'll call when I get off work (it's the only time I can make calls). I'm sorry he'll be off work to, but seriously, this needs to get settled. At least I can give them more money while they try to get even more from me. Shopping at the grocery store for the same types of items is costing a lot more money.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:38 PM

266 posts, read 276,803 times
You spend $200 a week at Costco? Seriously? Is that the only place you shop? I can't imagine spending that much at Costco.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerMan2 View Post
You spend $200 a week at Costco? Seriously? Is that the only place you shop? I can't imagine spending that much at Costco.
It's not always $200, but it's up there. And yes I'm serious, it's WAY more cost effective than going to a grocery store. My BF eats like a teenage boy (but he's not, and how he doesn't gain weight, I have no clue).

Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
The GM at least lifted the block, but he still wants to "have a conversation" to "get this taken care of".
Oh to be a fly on the wall! I'm dying of curiosity to know if they still want to pursue the money angle, or if they want to make a sincere effort to find out what went wrong so they can fix it so that it doesn't happen any more.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:08 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerMan2 View Post

lol, we spend roughly $500-600 a month at Costco. When the kids were home it was double that amount.

I'm going today and will probably shell out $200 between gas/food/household items.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
All she needs to do is call the Prez's offc,
FYI. In regards to your rep comment, the President is the CEO. At Costco, it's the same guy.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
lol, we spend roughly $500-600 a month at Costco. When the kids were home it was double that amount.

I'm going today and will probably shell out $200 between gas/food/household items.
Glad to hear I'm not alone. I just spent $150 last night. So thankful for the lift on the ban...I needed to restock on items that were double the cost at all the regular grocery stores.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:18 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
karma is a funny thing, and has a way of being good to you when you do the right AND honest thing, and it also can slice you in to little pieces when you dont; think about that next time you take advantage of ANY situation or pricing error..

Old 04-24-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
karma is a funny thing, and has a way of being good to you when you do the right AND honest thing, and it also can slice you in to little pieces when you dont; think about that next time you take advantage of ANY situation or pricing error..
What about all those times companies overcharged me and I didn't catch it? Is this general merchandising karma? Either way, I don't believe in karma or hell, so I'm good. But thank you for your concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products