Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
What about all those times companies overcharged me and I didn't catch it? Is this general merchandising karma? Either way, I don't believe in karma or hell, so I'm good. But thank you for your concern.
If you didn't catch them overcharging you, how do you know they did?
Good luck with your karma...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:37 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
I am glad that the store was able to release your membership and that they are looking into the issue. No doubt they are not happy that a member was blocked, especially when you spend a good deal of money at the store.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-26-2017, 11:19 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I am glad that the store was able to release your membership and that they are looking into the issue. No doubt they are not happy that a member was blocked, especially when you spend a good deal of money at the store.
Um, they're the ones that blocked my account, so they were fine with me not spending any money there. Guess they'd rather get their $300 versus me shopping there weekly. Crazy.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:59 PM

Finally! Resolved!!!

I just spoke to the GM, he walked out of a corp meeting and I gave up and called him during my work hours. Seemed like the only way we'll ever talk. Haha.

TL;DR: I don't have to do anything, they're writing it off

He apologized for not getting back to me sooner, I apologized for the same. Darn jobs. lol. He apologized for the block. He stated all blocks are supposed to go through him first so he can determine if there really should be a block. He then told me that he felt the manager handled it badly, that yes, they do at times ask for items back or to be paid for, but considering my circumstances, it should have been an "oh, okay, thank you" and that was it. I flat out told him, if I had the fan to return, I would have given it back so they don't have to take a loss. I've been a Costco member since it was Price Costco. I would say I've paid for the damn fan, lol.

But seriously, I am grateful they did this. This is more like the Costco I know and respect. I'm glad I don't have to ban them because there's nowhere else to shop.

Jeez, so 1.5 months later, this is finally 100% resolved. Yay! We can all love Costco again.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:48 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
I dunno......I would have paid them........ People make mistakes,why take advantage of them??

Old 04-27-2017, 06:01 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I dunno......I would have paid them........ People make mistakes,why take advantage of them??
Yes, people do make mistakes and in this case the cashier and manager on duty made the mistake. Not the consumer. You can hold the consumer responsible for your employee's errors.

I own my own business and have had to eat a loss or two because one of my employees didn't charge a customer correctly. In my case it was a lot more than $300, but how am I supposed to go back to my customer and demand more money after they already left my store?? Did I contact them in regards to the error? I sure did..I didn't want them thinking that what they were charged for that item (common item they buy quite often) was correct. They were understanding and appreciated the one time 'discount'.

Customer service is still a part of running a business and Costco dropped that service ball, but thankfully picked it back up.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
I'm glad it was resolved.

But I still remain curious about what the receipt actually said.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Yea I hear ya

Old 04-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm glad it was resolved.

But I still remain curious about what the receipt actually said.
The receipt said I got charged for a $99 razor of some sort. It was a typo when it got keyed in.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Yes, people do make mistakes and in this case the cashier and manager on duty made the mistake. Not the consumer. You can hold the consumer responsible for your employee's errors.

I own my own business and have had to eat a loss or two because one of my employees didn't charge a customer correctly. In my case it was a lot more than $300, but how am I supposed to go back to my customer and demand more money after they already left my store?? Did I contact them in regards to the error? I sure did..I didn't want them thinking that what they were charged for that item (common item they buy quite often) was correct. They were understanding and appreciated the one time 'discount'.

Customer service is still a part of running a business and Costco dropped that service ball, but thankfully picked it back up.
That's what I told the GM. I'm sorry I'm not able to return the fan, but I'm grateful for the price since I purchased it for my disabled friend who has allergies and this was perfect. If it was the $400 tag, I wouldn't have purchased it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products