Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Cashiers are timed ?

Certainly not at Walmart !

They usually have great cashiers but there are a couple of them I wouldn't go to if their check out line was empty .

They are not old but move at a snail's pace and yawn constantly while doing so.

One fat girl who yawns a lot must want me to examine her tonsils because she never covers her mouth when constantly yawning .
I am a cashier at Kroger, and yes, the cashiers are timed from the beginning of the transaction to the very end of the transaction when the customers pays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 08:59 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Cashiers are timed ?

Certainly not at Walmart !

They usually have great cashiers but there are a couple of them I wouldn't go to if their check out line was empty .

They are not old but move at a snail's pace and yawn constantly while doing so.

One fat girl who yawns a lot must want me to examine her tonsils because she never covers her mouth when constantly yawning .

That snail pace movement is so annoying when I am trying to get inside a place and get out.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
That snail pace movement is so annoying when I am trying to get inside a place and get out.
I can understand that.
But there are customers who also move at a snails pace.
So what do you do when you are behind a customer who moves at a snails pace?
It goes both ways.
Slow cashiers who hold up the line, and slow customers who hold up the line.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
I can understand that.
It goes both ways.

It's more accepted if they are older customers and just have to be patient. That snail movement is something I see a lot in the market from all ages like they never been in the supermarket.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
It's more accepted if they are older customers and just have to be patient. That snail movement is something I see a lot in the market from all ages like they never been in the supermarket.
How about when you are behind a customer who wants their groceries bagged in a specific way when they go shopping for several weeks worth of grocers and use reusable bags?
How would you feel if you were the customer behind them?
How would you react if you were the customer behind them?
This does happen at the grocery store.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times
The great thing about self-check, is you're usually in a single line that feeds into 4-6 self-check scanners, so you don't have to get in line behind one complete screw up that will take who knows how long.

I've also been pulled out of the self-check line to be checked out by the employee who is monitoring the self-check. So woohoo!

I'm very tired of getting into cashier lines for express check, 15 items or less, and some bumpkin ahead of me has 50+ items and then needs cigarettes on top of that. And yesterday was over the top. Honestly. The woman in front of me got in the express line with about 30 items, and then basically proceeded to empty the impulse aisle of all chocolate items for sale, and ended up with about 250 items to be checked out, and then during the end of the transaction she lost her receipt that she had just been handed that for some reason she really needed. Well there's NO WAY I'm going to get into a different line before I see the end of that fiasco, for comedic value after I'd invested 20 minutes already.

So yeah. Self-check.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The great thing about self-check, is you're usually in a single line that feeds into 4-6 self-check scanners, so you don't have to get in line behind one complete screw up that will take who knows how long.

I've also been pulled out of the self-check line to be checked out by the employee who is monitoring the self-check. So woohoo!

I'm very tired of getting into cashier lines for express check, 15 items or less, and some bumpkin ahead of me has 50+ items and then needs cigarettes on top of that. And yesterday was over the top. Honestly. The woman in front of me got in the express line with about 30 items, and then basically proceeded to empty the impulse aisle of all chocolate items for sale, and ended up with about 250 items to be checked out, and then during the end of the transaction she lost her receipt that she had just been handed that for some reason she really needed. Well there's NO WAY I'm going to get into a different line before I see the end of that fiasco, for comedic value after I'd invested 20 minutes already.

So yeah. Self-check.
If I was the cashier, I would flag down a supervisor or a manager and ask them what should be done about this.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

So yeah. Self-check.
Surprised the customer was allowed to go through since her total amount of items exceeded the requirement for that express line.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:32 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
I can understand that.
It goes both ways.
apples to oranges
Cashiers are getting a paid wage.
Customers are not.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:37 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Surprised the customer was allowed to go through since her total amount of items exceeded the requirement for that express line.

What I have observed at Walmart............

Head cashier supervisor is walking back and forth observing the long lines and notices no one is at express check out.

She will direct the next cart to the express line even if it has 40 items.

Half way thru check out, a customer with only 4 items heads to express lane and gets upset that the customer ahead of them did not observe..........20 items or less...sign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products