Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:01 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
What bugs me the most about this trend is that I doubt the higher-ups really care if my biscuit was overcooked or if the music was too loud in the store. They're most likely trying to get customers to fill them in on what's going on in their business....which is something they ought to be learning on their own by communicating with their employees and visiting the locations on a regular basis. It's "lazy managing". They can sit in their offices and read stuff on a computer that may (but usually may not) represent what's going on in their day-to-day operations. If the management is relying too heavily on surveys to gauge the temperature in their business, then they're likely also knee-deep in a "us versus them" mentality between management and store-level employees, using negative surveys as weapons against those at store level.

If the folks in charge of a company really want to identify, examine, and solve issues hurting their business, they ought to ask the employees. If you're married and your relationship is on the rocks, do you hand your spouse a survey to complete to give you feedback?
It's almost like you're pointing a finger directly at the company I work for. I wish our execs could read and heed your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Unless its's a total screw-up, I always give perfect scores when rating in-store or call-center employees. Anything less than 10 is used a club against employees - even if it's a decent 9/10 they still get flak from management.
This is exactly right, and why I normally won't do them, and if I do, I give the employee a perfect score. I have been an employee on the other end of these "surveys", and usually when a customer is unhappy, it's usually not the employee directly that is at fault, it is the UPPER management that needs to be "surveyed". Notice they never ask whether the CEO is doing a good job of running the business, it's some poor underpaid underling that is taking the heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products