U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 10:28 AM

29 posts, read 19,553 times

Advertisements

Recently I purchased an N64 Majoras Mask game that was claimed to be in like new/great condition. The seller took pictures of the front and back, but not the top or bottom of the game cartridge. When receiving the item there was a chip in the corner and I thought that USPS might of damaged it during shipment but, there was no plastic piece inside the package. The entire side of the game opens up revealing the components inside.. After messaging the seller about the items condition, sending them the requested photos and opening a return request they refunding me the entire amount before receiving the item. They claimed to be new to Ebay and wanted me to get my money earlier than having to wait. (which I thought was very sweet of them) Now comes the issue.. I asked if they wanted the game back because they were suppose to wait to have the item in hand prior. They said yes to sending me a return label request however, because they refunded me the entire amount neither of us would be able to see or open the return label. I don't want to be out on money shipment and couldn't find a cheaper way of sending this back on my end. I called Paypal and Ebay asking them what I should do and they stated that the seller would need to either purchase the label online or in the office, take a clear picture of the label and send it back to me via email or message through Ebay. They claimed after 3/5 days should the seller not respond, to keep the game. I feel bad for having the item and full amount that I paid for.. I've contacted the seller and they asked if using a receipt would work to ship. My Grandfather who use to work at USPS stated they would not be able to ship on just a receipt alone. After a lengthy conversation I haven't heard anything from them when they stated about getting the label to send this back. What should I do and what would be the right thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 06:56 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,304,645 times
how much will it cost you to ship it back? Seller sounds like a good egg, take a chance and send it back and ask them to Paypal you the shipping cost.

Or just send them a PP invoice for shipping cost BEFORE you send it back.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:21 PM

21,744 posts, read 24,897,489 times
Not really your problem anymore. By making it not sold (refunded) no return label can be created. Drop it is a drawer and forget about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products