Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 07:49 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,608,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Got my EBay item OK. USPS is doing Sunday package-only delivery at least for the Season.

Latest non-Ebay item:

December 18, 2017, 6:02 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 18, 2017 at 6:02 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

December 18, 2017, 2:25 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 17, 2017, 10:05 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
WEST PALM BEACH FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 17, 2017, 8:50 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
MIAMI, FL 33126

December 15, 2017, 5:00 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MIAMI, FL 33126

December 15, 2017
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

WPB -> Orlando = 180 miles. ETA to MS is this Thursday. I did use Economy - Parcel Select Shipping...
For Sunday, that's Amazon.

I have the following right now:

Status
Out for Delivery
December 24, 2017 at 8:29 am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 08:01 AM

50,196 posts, read 35,879,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Here I go again. I have another package missing

I just checked with the Post Office and the item with that tracking number was delivered, but not to my address. They are claiming that they must have given me the wrong tracking number, which I doubt. So I have another item that is marked delivered, that I didn't receive. I'm not too worried about this one. Apparently the USPS records are showing that it was delivered to a different address.
I have to say, I get other people's mail delivered to me on way too many occasions. Sometimes the address is a different block on my street, sometimes a different address altogether. It always makes me wonder where mine is.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:23 PM

15,225 posts, read 8,830,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I have to say, I get other people's mail delivered to me on way too many occasions. Sometimes the address is a different block on my street, sometimes a different address altogether. It always makes me wonder where mine is.
Getting other people's mail is not a big problem around here. The Post Office here is pretty good about that sort of thing.

Anyway in this most recent case, the seller gave me the same excuse the Post Office did. They said they must have given me the wrong tracking number. I'm still sceptical. They said my order was still on the way, and asked me to give it another 48 hours. That time is already up, but I will give it until the end of the day on Tuesday. If I don't receive it then, I'll ask for a refund. I already found a better item that I would rather have anyway.

The seller has 99.2% positive feedback and a Top Rated Plus award from Ebay, but they still have some very negative feedback too. Including: "Illegitimate tracking that updated as delivered but never arrived. Refunded." and "Screwed up order and blames me because they sent to wrong address". I'm betting that that is what happened to my order. I know they are a major seller and they send a lot of items out, and mistakes do happen. But these type of things just shouldn't happen, especially from an experienced seller.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:11 PM

12,299 posts, read 8,015,922 times
I just had one from Amazon Logistics with a falsified closed business scan and a return to Amazon as undelieverable. I wasn't needing it now for Christmas anyway but it shows that all carriers no matter what the service they represent are the same. They have so much stuff and so many man hours with a mandate to show a scan and movement. So that front line supervisor lies to cover up and keep his boss off of him because they can see no scan. All in hopes that the customer might file a complaint, but they still got through today.

Shipped with AMZL US
Tracking ID shielding my identity
Sunday, December 24
12:57 PM
Out for delivery
Los Angeles, US
11:41 AM
Delivery attempted - Business closed due to holiday
Los Angeles, US
Package arrived at a carrier facility
Los Angeles, US
Returning to seller
Los Angeles, US
Package is undeliverable
Los Angeles, US
4:13 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility
Los Angeles, US
12:22 AM
Shipment departed from Amazon facility
San Bernardino, CALIFORNIA US
Saturday, December 23
10:18 PM
Shipment arrived at Amazon facility
San Bernardino, CALIFORNIA US
6:57 PM
Ontario, CA US
2:44 PM
San Antonio, TEXAS US
Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

Old 12-24-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I just had one from Amazon Logistics with a falsified closed business scan and a return to Amazon as undelieverable. I wasn't needing it now for Christmas anyway but it shows that all carriers no matter what the service they represent are the same. They have so much stuff and so many man hours with a mandate to show a scan and movement. So that front line supervisor lies to cover up and keep his boss off of him because they can see no scan. All in hopes that the customer might file a complaint, but they still got through today.
That's what I see too. Tracking is becoming one big scam. If delivery services keep going down hill like this, it's sure going to screw up online shopping.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:15 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,608,708 times
Quote:
That's what I see too. Tracking is becoming one big scam. If delivery services keep going down hill like this, it's sure going to screw up online shopping.
It seems to be localized to certain HUBs. If my Amazon Logistics and UPS goes through KS, it gets stuck for a few days. If it's FEDEX, I'll get the message of business was closed even though I'm residential. USPS seems to have problems trying to get out of CA. DHL is hit or miss, mostly miss.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Nothing has changed except with tracking you get to see the dirty laundry. The postal service had all sorts of paper forms to report we won't deliver stuff today but as it shifted to online tracking suddenly the end user was left with a scanner that did not have the programming option to report lack of resources. men. trucks or keys not to mention scanners to get to every piece dropped off on the loading dock that day.

But to say our scanning and tracking is as good as the competition the delivery unit management lied to show a high percentage of scans rather than show no scan and get fired. Locally it took about 3 years for enough new delivery services to get started that finally we are able to handle the load without the hiding of pieces and falsified scanner codes.

I still don't understand why the drive for increased revenue when we lose more than a $1.50 per piece from Amazon to get that Sunday delivery market share and those Amazon Fresh grocery deliveries. It was a service whose inferstructure was optimized to move letters going further into the red to do something it was not designed to do.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Nothing has changed except with tracking you get to see the dirty laundry. The postal service had all sorts of paper forms to report we won't deliver stuff today but as it shifted to online tracking suddenly the end user was left with a scanner that did not have the programming option to report lack of resources. men. trucks or keys not to mention scanners to get to every piece dropped off on the loading dock that day.

But to say our scanning and tracking is as good as the competition the delivery unit management lied to show a high percentage of scans rather than show no scan and get fired. Locally it took about 3 years for enough new delivery services to get started that finally we are able to handle the load without the hiding of pieces and falsified scanner codes.

I still don't understand why the drive for increased revenue when we lose more than a $1.50 per piece from Amazon to get that Sunday delivery market share and those Amazon Fresh grocery deliveries. It was a service whose inferstructure was optimized to move letters going further into the red to do something it was not designed to do.
All I know is that "Delivered" used to mean "Delivered". Now when I see "Delivered" I have to walk to my mailbox to see if it was actually delivered or not. So something has changed, and not for the better. At this point tracking information is pretty worthless to me.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET WITH TOP RATED PLUS ITEMS

All items offer a minimum 30-day money-back return policy

Sellers commit to shipping the items in 1 business day with tracking provided

All items are from experienced sellers with the highest buyer ratings
eBay Top Rated Plus | eBay 22

So all a seller has to do is upload a faux tracking number within 24 hours, and offer a money back guarantee, and they get to put a Top Rated Plus badge on their listings. They don't actually have to ship the item in 24 hours. They can ship it a week later, a month later, or never. It doesn't matter, because they are a Top Rated Plus seller, if they type a random made up 22 digit number with in 24 hours.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
All I know is that "Delivered" used to mean "Delivered". Now when I see "Delivered" I have to walk to my mailbox to see if it was actually delivered or not. So something has changed, and not for the better. At this point tracking information is pretty worthless to me.
What happened was more stuff was being shipped without a big enough increase of deliverymen and truck space to do it. If we are delivering razor blades and cases of toilet paper, which now also receives a tracking and reporting bar code it crowds out other stuff. UPS got into trouble 3 Christmas's ago so an increase in market share went to the USPS. But since the CEO of UPS nor the Postmaster General can use conscription to force people into their trucks 24/7 to carry the overload something had to give.

That should have been being honest and tell people because how the truck was loaded out your stuff would just have to wait for the next day. Someone gets to be first and others are just unlucky enough to be last. But what actually happens too often is to falsify a scan, there being no manual on how to lie different line supervisors use different codes to do it, and hope that enough complaints don't come in to trip the do something about that particular boss threshold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products