Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Dislike Christmas shopping, seeking people who do not like Christmas shopping, crowded stores, rude customers, waiting in line forever, people not paying attention

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 09:53 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,039 times

Advertisements

I just got back from Christmas shopping and as usual it's a zoo out there.I get frustrated as all hell trying to get through the mob of people.Then if you do buy something you have to wait forever in line to pay for it.I guess I have no patience or tolerance for the crowds.It just bothers me when people don't pay attention to what their doing or where their walking.My goal was to go out today and get my shopping done.Guess what,I didn't get nothing for anybody,so I have to do it all over again. All was not lost though,I did buy myself something, a new cellphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2006, 10:27 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
I don't like it either, and, I haven't done it. I bought all my friends and neighbors gifts from Swiss Colony which will be delivered directly to me. Then for close family, I'm ordering next week from Marie Belle Chocolatiers in New York. Those are some yumilicious chocolates. They make Godiva taste like the candy one used to find in cobwebs in Woolworth counters years ago...remember how their candy was always lightyears past its shelf life expiration? lol. I may drop into Burlington Coat Factory briefly just to check out what's there, but if I did, I'd probably buy something for myself....after all...my biggest order so far at Swiss Colony was for me..

Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
I hate any shopping A quality that my husband finds endearing

Old 12-10-2006, 11:11 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
I only dislike Christmas shopping (or any shopping) if I'm in a hurry and it's a busy shopping day like Friday-Sunday. That's why I rarely go if I'm in a hurry. That way I don't lose patience or get stressed out.

I've been sick since Thursday (flu or something) and I hope I get better soon. I'm really looking forward to buying presents for my kids. I'll be going during the day while they're at school. Less shoppers then than on the weekend.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:03 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times
I hate shopping too...but then again, I'm not your typical girl. I hate shopping for clothes, makeup-I just hate to do it. I order what I can online because usually around the holidays, many online stores have free shipping. Then I take off one day, make my husband take off one day, get a sitter for the kids, and hten we knock the rest out.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:31 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
Christmas shopping ??? I HATE all shopping. My husband is very lucky in that aspect. I would rather be holding a fishing pole at 5 a.m. than in the mall.
We usually do all our shopping once my husband recieves his Christmas bonus, which is 2-3 days before christmas! ugh !!!
This year it will just be the three of us. In Florida, we were buying for everyone under the sun. Nieces and nephews we only saw once a year. Older kids 18-20 who already have everything. Neighbors, friends, tenants, bosses..... the list goes on. It never fails, the week of Christmas, I get the flu so bad that I passed out once in the mall due to fever. And one other time, I was shopping with my husband, got a call from my boss, and was so delerious from fever that when we went to say goodbye, I told him that I loved him ???? Should of seen the look on my husbands face. And no, there were no feelings for my boss, just delerious. My husband told me what I said, and I had to call my boss and explain to him the situation.
So in thrawl of all the shopping, then comes the wrapping. Up all night for 3 night previous of Christmas wrapping. Running from in-laws to friends on Christmas Eve, and still trying to find the time to get together the Christmas Feast.

The best Christmas I ever had was in St. Thomas. It was the first Christmas with my husband (before we were married). Just the 2 of us. Not much required. Now it is just the 3 of us, which I am hoping, will be less stressful. Of course my son wants a 4 runner ($$$$$$) and my husband wants a motorcycle ($$$$$$$$$) I got a feeling they are going to be disappointed as I just don't see us in the position at the moment.
Myself, all I want is simple, I want to get my hair done (its time), get my dog groomed (time again) have my bird groomed, and maybe a certificate to a tanning salon, since I miss my tan from Florida. I want to pay some bills, service our vehicles, and for my son and husband to be happy on Christmas morning. It would be the best present if I could have that 2006 Suzuki M109 sitting in the living room Christmas morning for my husband.
The VERY best gift I could get would be a contract on the 6 bedroom 4 bath pool house on the canal that I am trying to sell in Florida!

Merry Christmas to all !!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:59 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
I concur with Cleosmom and Qbaby! I detest shopping of any kind, particularly clothes, (which explains why I have only four pair of jeans, and a number shirts. No dresses, no skirts, no dress shoes. I do have a nice pantsuit, and nice sandals to wear with it.). Actually, I take that back. I do like to shop at Academy Sports, for fishing stuff, etc., (I'd rather be at the fishing hole/creek than at the mall, also). so I guess I don't hate ALL shopping, just the typical kind of shopping. (I do my dead-level best to stay away from the mall! ). I also shop online for books, etc., and I LOVE Cabela's. They probably love me, too! Christmas shopping is a pain! I don't mind giving, (I'm not that much of a Scrooge), I just do not like messing with all of it. One of these days, I'm just going to get so fed up with it, that I'm going to give everyone on my list a gift card, or cash, and be done with it. Just have to wait for the little people to get old enough, (translate that as teenagers!). Then, they'll want those cards or the cash. I'd like to just give gifts on everyone's birthday.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:48 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Ok, looks like I'm the only shopper here. I LOVE to shop, I could do it all day everyday if I had the money. Since I have no job that means no shopping at least very little. I can shop anytime of the year but I really like to do at Christmas, I love being out with the people, it's exciting to me.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:16 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,505 times
I don't like shopping for other people because I rarely am well-tuned into what they want. Whenever I ask, they always say things like 'Oh, don't worry. You don't have to get me anything.' No, I don't HAVE to. I WANT to. Thanks for the help. Tsk.

I like shopping for myself when I have the money though.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,163 times
I too love to shop (maybe it's the Texas gene...) but the traffic here in Houston is so horrible that there really isn't any good time at this time of year. I avoid the malls as much as possible, order on line as much as possible and try not to wait til the last minute (that is the true deciding factor as to how much I enjoy the process). I also try to go to less traditional stores whenever possible such as Tuesday Morning for sheets & towels my daughter wants and men's clothing at Stein Mart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products