Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 01:00 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times

Advertisements

You can lead a horse to water............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 02:55 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I'm getting pretty frustrated dealing with this seller, but I'm still talking to him. He has acknowledged that my sea mail shipping suggestion could be an option. It doesn't look good, but if that works, I will be very happy. Unfortunately he is still insisting that I have to place the order first. I explained to him again, that I can't place the order until after he includes the shipping. I'm fast losing hope, but i will wait and see what happens.

Sounds like he's a new seller, is he? If he was experienced he would know he must need to include shipping. Seems like you'll get nowhere and he's just playing games.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:38 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Sounds like he's a new seller, is he? If he was experienced he would know he must need to include shipping. Seems like you'll get nowhere and he's just playing games.
He has a lot of experience, 19,322 feedbacks, 98.3% positive. His experience must be domestic only. But he is the only one selling this item who is even willing to accept international orders.

Anyway this is not the first time I have had to help an experienced eBay seller to make a sale. There is a lot of people selling on eBay who don't really seem to know what they are doing. Which is not entirely a bad thing. Sometimes it works to my advantage. Right now I'm watching a collectable item, that is a couple of hours away from ending. It has a starting bid of $19.99. I have seen similar items sell for a lot more money, way out of my price range. I wonder if the seller even knows how much it's worth. I'll probably try to snipe bid it for $19.99 and see what happens.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 06-10-2018 at 04:04 PM..

Old 06-24-2018, 06:54 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
any update? inquiring minds want to know.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
any update? inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for asking. I was just planning to update. My item just cleared customs in LA this morning, and is on it's way to me. It doesn't look like it will get here tomorrow, but probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

No thanks to that seller though. After two weeks of going back and forth with him I had stopped responding. Then I decided to send him one more message. I said, I'll keep the item in my cart, and if you get your issues straightened out, I'm ready to buy. I haven't heard back from him again, but that's OK. Because right after that, I decided to check the item again to see if anything had changed in the listing, and the same item popped up in the related items, from another seller in the same area. The price was a few dollars lower, and it listed international shipping charges. So I clicked the buy button.

So my six month odyssey to buy this tool set, seems to be close to over. The only thing I still have to worry about now is that I get the right tools. But I think it'll be OK. The listing was clear, the pictures were clear, the tracking looks good, and the seller has 100% positive feedback. So I'm pretty sure he sent me the right stuff. I'm happy.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:44 PM

Update: I got the tools. They are exactly what I was expecting. The shipping charge was a little high, but I think it was worth the price.

Now I might be repeating this all over again. LOL. I found another tool set I would like to have on some Chinese websites. I'm not really comfortable with ordering from those sites. It appears they would ship to the US, but the conversion rate and shipping charges are not clear. I did also find the item on the Chinese and Indian Amazon sites. But they also don't list the conversion rates and international shipping charges. Does anybody have experience with ordering from the overseas Amazon sites? I'm not really a big fan of the US Amazon site, let alone the overseas ones.

Anyway I have enough other tools I need to order right now. I think I'll take care of those first. Then I will watch eBay for at least four or five months, and see if the Chinese tool set shows up on eBay. It probably will, at some point. Despite this problem with unlisted international shipping charges, I still think eBay is the best place to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products