Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 04:34 PM

1,740 posts, read 957,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL Yes, I've heard that, too. But colored TP adds a little something to antiseptic, basic white bathrooms.

In fact, the reasons it was discontinued were that some people (always "some") were sensitive to dyes (and didn't know enough to buy the white TP), and "environmental concerns" which also led to the disappearance of Sani-Flush, something else I miss.

Anyway, I'm able to find TP with prints, but not solid colors. Yes, I miss that. And I know I'm not alone.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/col...history-255476
And coincidentally it's cheaper for the manufacturers to produce only white toilet paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 08:59 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Sara Lee frozen brownies.

Quisp cereal.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:38 AM

2,615 posts, read 3,144,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I think Goop is still out there somewhere. Check auto supply stores, they sell various brands out & around.
Walmart has Goop. I found a can at home we bought there last year.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:55 PM

143 posts, read 111,405 times
When I was a kid in the 60s/70s, we always had Sealtest peach ice cream in the house. The ice cream was a pinkish color and it had big chunks of peach in it. What I wouldn't do to taste that again. I try peach ice cream whenever I see it, which is not often-don't know why, and it's never really peachy tasting. Breyers is the only grocery store brand that makes a peach but I'm not a fan of their ice cream.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 PM

143 posts, read 111,405 times
Another one I just remembered was a pasta dish that Pizza Hut had back in the 70s called Cavatini. It was a baked pasta dish with different shapes, I remember the wagon wheel was one. Pepperoni slices, onions, green pepper, mushrooms. I think it had melted cheese on top, it was yummy.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:51 PM

125 posts, read 80,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Black Cherry Fresca
Bacardi frozen drink mix...it's that time of year.
Heath Bars...I used to chop up the regular bars and put them in home-made ice cream, and now I can't find them in stores, and it's too hot to have them shipped if I could find them online.
Agree about Band-aids, razor blades, and wooden Q-tips.

When something disappears from supermarket shelves, it's hard to know if it's no longer made or just not distributed to your area or your store decided to ditch it.

My biggest frustration is just the demise of well-made clothing.
Have you tried the Heath bits in a bag? They are usually in the baking aisle. I use them in some dessert recipes I have. There are some with chocolate and some without (just toffee). https://www.walmart.com/ip/Heath-Bit...-8-Oz/10311959
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Heath-Mil...-8-Oz/11962545

Old 08-07-2018, 03:40 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,839,154 times
A lotion called Triple Lanolin...loved the smell and thickness of the lotion

Old 08-08-2018, 01:02 PM

3,972 posts, read 5,163,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Are you talking about the ones that had XXX stamped on them ? Those were my favorites.

Bell Burgers from Taco Bell
Bubs Daddy chewing gum
Bacon flavored crackers, not the kind they have now where they have other flavors mixed with them.
Do they still make Goop hand cleaner ? I haven't seen it in years.
Goop is still made. I just bought some about a month ago. Wal Mart carries it, so do Autozone ad Shuck's Auto.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:05 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumbling View Post
Do they sell green Prell shampoo anymore? I don't remember seeing that any more but I used it in the early 80s in college to save money since a small bottle would last a long time.
ZOMG, they actually do. It's on Amazon.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:40 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yeah, that's what I see now. I have never before bought Curad, and I probably won't buy them again. I'll have to keep looking for some decent plastic bandages. It's too bad Band-Aid can't still make their classic plastic Band-Aids.
I kind of found a solution for my plastic bandage problem. I ordered one of those 351 piece First Aid Kits on eBay. I got it for a little over $30. $30 for 351 items seemed like a good deal. It looks like all quality stuff in the box. I'll probably never use most of it, but it's nice stuff to have in case I ever need it. Best part it came with about 150 good quality plastic bandages in four different sizes, each wrapped in a heavy wrap. I tested several out, and they stick pretty good. They didn't even come off while I was taking a shower. They are good bandages. Now the bad part. The company that makes the kit, has a website to order refills. The problem is the refills are not cheap. To make it worse, they charge $20 for shipping on all orders under $100. Which makes the price crazy. I suppose, if I can't find good plastic bandages any place else, I could order a $100 worth from them. It would be a lot of bandages, but not so many that I couldn't eventually probably use them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products