Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 06:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I live in one unit of a 3 unit bldg that is an old house. Two doors are visible from the street and one is around back. Where do the packages wind up? In front of the door to the attached barn/garage. I feel like putting up a note saying "No one lives in this garage."

Maybe they can't tell which is the correct door so they pick a 4th door and let you all figure it out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 08:57 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Me too. My biggest problem is that my UPS and FedEx delivery guys are kind of social, and they seem to want to chit chat when they deliver the packages. Don't ask me why. I have told them that they can just leave them in front of my door anytime. But they insist on knocking and waiting for me to answer. If I don't answer quick enough, they give me an attitude, like I'm being rude to them or something, and try to leave a non-delivery note on my door.

They used to just knock and leave the packages. But they stopped doing that a year or two ago. Maybe there have been package delivery thefts around here or something, but I have never heard of any. I wish they would just drop them at the door, so I don't have to listen for it.
I'm surprised a UPS driver will stop to chat. They literally work on a stopwatch, every part of their day is timed. A lot of them don't ring doorbells for that reason. Their taking the time to ring 100 doorbells takes too much time out of their day!

Old 08-03-2018, 09:56 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
I'm surprised a UPS driver will stop to chat. They literally work on a stopwatch, every part of their day is timed. A lot of them don't ring doorbells for that reason. Their taking the time to ring 100 doorbells takes too much time out of their day!
Well many are now cameras and if you ring there is a person trying to give you time consuming instructions

Old 08-04-2018, 02:25 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have a LARGE red 'Country Mailbox" at my door...In yellow, UPS.
They still always leave my Amazon packages outside the gate to be stolen or get wet esp. in our monsoons every afternoon.

here
Late to the party but nobody is allowed to put anything in your mailbox except for USPS as it is technically owned by them.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
They're all awful. I once waited all day for UPS to deliver a really heavy package. Got a text they tried to deliver it, but couldn't, so it was delivered to a local UPS store, which meant I had to go get it and haul the heavy box into my truck , out of my truck and into my apartment -- which is exactly why I bought it online to have it delivered.

When I went to the UPS Store I complained very loudly, and threatened to have them tell the driver he had to re-deliver it to my apartment. They looked really set back at that one. I told them if it ever happens again, that's exactly what I was going to do. Then, I made them haul it out to my truck and load it into my truck for me. I wanted to be sure that they would not make it easy for their driver to just drop packages off for them to deal with ever again.

Nope. Delivery absolutely sucks nowadays. This is why I buy from Walmart now and pick up in store. Screw Amazon.

What I will say, is that I never have problems with packages from the good old USPS. UPS is the worst, with FedEx not too far behind.
You realize that the UPS store is a franchise that isn't owned by UPS. Yelling at them isn't going to do anything other than annoy them.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
How it's better is that you can't depend on the UPS guy to leave your package at the apartment office versus just leaving it outside your front door. And some complexes don't have a clearly defined office. Some are four-plexes with no office at all, owners not even on premises.

Most things people buy and have shipped aren't so heavy they can't manage it in and out of the car.

Like I said, I had a package worth $4000 left on the porch with no knock or anything; the return address (business name) would make it instantly clear that it was probably a high value item; so anyone could just have walked off with it. Fortunately I was at home and I heard the truck pulling away.

I will not have UPS or Fedex deliver to my home again if I can possibly avoid it.
In that case, I'd blame the shipper. Anything with a declared value of over $1000 requires extra paperwork on pickup and UPS won't driver release them. If the shipper doesn't declare a high value, then UPS doesn't know.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:03 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
(I only read the OP's 1st post.) My apt complex has a whole system in place for package delivery. They use a company called Luxor in which down at the leasing office, there's a special room dedicated to storing everyone's packages. (There's a camera in there as well to prevent/deter theft.) When the package is delivered, we get an email giving us a 6-digit # to input on this keypad when we get down there & we also sign it w/ our finger in which the door automatically opens for us to get our package(s). We would have had to register online (one time) w/ Luxor to get this 6-digit #.

Before that implementation, we'd have to walk to the same leasing office & ask a leasing office employee to get our package, which was stored in a big "closet"-type room.

Saying all that, every once in a while, I get a package delivered right to my door which is on the 2nd floor by the way. I have no idea why & it seems to not matter if it's Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS, although I never actually kept track of that. I don't request that when I initially order, but of course, I love & prefer it because having to pick up my packages is kind of a hassle.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:30 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
(I only read the OP's 1st post.) My apt complex has a whole system in place for package delivery. They use a company called Luxor in which down at the leasing office, there's a special room dedicated to storing everyone's packages. (There's a camera in there as well to prevent/deter theft.) When the package is delivered, we get an email giving us a 6-digit # to input on this keypad when we get down there & we also sign it w/ our finger in which the door automatically opens for us to get our package(s). We would have had to register online (one time) w/ Luxor to get this 6-digit #.

Before that implementation, we'd have to walk to the same leasing office & ask a leasing office employee to get our package, which was stored in a big "closet"-type room.

Saying all that, every once in a while, I get a package delivered right to my door which is on the 2nd floor by the way. I have no idea why & it seems to not matter if it's Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS, although I never actually kept track of that. I don't request that when I initially order, but of course, I love & prefer it because having to pick up my packages is kind of a hassle.
It is probably a substitute driver who doesn't know about the parcel lockers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products