Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 05:51 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,570,976 times

Advertisements

As to Prime? It's all bull.

I just order everything "Free Shipping" and it comes when it comes. That is it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:01 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Then send a complaint letter to their Corporate Headquarters asking your questions.
Thanks it I didn’t ask for a next step. I was just trying to let people know. I thought they’d be equally surprised to learn its an empty word as used with Prime. I was quite taken aback to learn it, perhaps naive to expect a words meaning to matter.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:04 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You got compensated...far more than you deserve...but you're still upset that you didn't get an answer? I'll bet you're a barrel of laughs to be around!
I am actually quite charming and funny, yes. Yes, it bothers me they use the word guarantee and cannot tell me what that means in the context of Prime. Again I know integrity is out of fashion but principle matters to me. I’m actually more disturbed that it doesn’t bother everyone.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:47 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I am actually quite charming and funny, yes. Yes, it bothers me they use the word guarantee and cannot tell me what that means in the context of Prime. Again I know integrity is out of fashion but principle matters to me. I’m actually more disturbed that it doesn’t bother everyone.
Yet you are not upset enough or bothered enough to actually want to do something about that in addition to venting about it.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:49 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,820 times
Quote:
And why should it bother everyone?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Thanks it I didn’t ask for a next step. I was just trying to let people know. I thought they’d be equally surprised to learn its an empty word as used with Prime. I was quite taken aback to learn it, perhaps naive to expect a words meaning to matter.
It's not an empty word. You were compensated $25.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:15 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Currency you do not need a Target credit card to get unlimited free 2 day shipping from Target.
Yes, but you also have to spend at least $35 to get free shipping without a red card.

As I said before, if I'm buying a $15 bag of dog food, I don't want to search around for $20 worth of stuff to get the free shipping. I want to order my one item and be done. If I want to buy a $5 charging cable, I want to buy it and be done. I don't want to waste money on extra junk I don't need, stock up on items I don't have to store, or save things in my cart until I jeed enough items to reach the minimum order amount.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:22 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, but you also have to spend at least $35 to get free shipping without a red card.

As I said before, if I'm buying a $15 bag of dog food, I don't want to search around for $20 worth of stuff to get the free shipping. I want to order my one item and be done. If I want to buy a $5 charging cable, I want to buy it and be done. I don't want to waste money on extra junk I don't need, stock up on items I don't have to store, or save things in my cart until I jeed enough items to reach the minimum order amount.
And that's why I like Amazon and Prime. For the most part I go there, get a reasonable price, and free shipping. No muss, no fuss, no taking time to surf the net to find the best deal when combining price and shipping.

Plus, if I'm unhappy with something, they usually fix it with no questions asked.

Sure, some things I buy, I have noticed it is not THE best price guaranteed, but no one does that. In general they beat most prices out there. Plus, I'm in Hawaii, so everything is more expensive. Prime and Amazon does well for my budget.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-21-2018, 11:58 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,523,752 times
Quote:

If my prime order is late, I get at least a free month but usually a $20 gift card.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:10 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,229,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
If my prime order is late, I get at least a free month but usually a $20 gift card.
They’ve stopped giving out a free month apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products