Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 06:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What I wanted for the millionth time, is to know what their policy is if they fail to deliver by the guaranteed date. This is just going in circles now.
I posted the terms and conditions of their policy back in post #4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 06:54 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Are you really accusing me of lying over this??? IDK what post number, how would I remember that? I'll look thru the thread tomorrow and tell you though ok?

Good grief, the hostility on this thread because I think a company should be able to tell me what their policy is for a guarantee they offer, it's nuts to me.

No, I just wantto see with my own eyes. I already looked through the thread and closest I can find is your typed quote of what you say they said, where you picked an item that said "guaranteed delivery by Saturday if you order within 11 hours 37 minutes”. And I have looked at countless product pages for Prime products and every single one of them says along the lines of "FREE Delivery by Wednesday, Dec. 5"or "Get it Wednesday if you order within 23 hrs 51 mins". I cannot find any page that uses the word "guaranteed".

I've probably looked at a couple dozen Cyber Monday deals today and every single one says one or both of the above but not "guaranteed".

Old 11-26-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
No, I just wantto see with my own eyes. I already looked through the thread and closest I can find is your typed quote of what you say they said, where you picked an item that said "guaranteed delivery by Saturday if you order within 11 hours 37 minutes”. And I have looked at countless product pages for Prime products and every single one of them says along the lines of "FREE Delivery by Wednesday, Dec. 5"or "Get it Wednesday if you order within 23 hrs 51 mins". I cannot find any page that uses the word "guaranteed".

I've probably looked at a couple dozen Cyber Monday deals today and every single one says one or both of the above but not "guaranteed".
It says "guaranteed delivery" once you go to check out.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:23 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:

I don't do drama and don't see any here. I fail to see what gender has to do with anything. I think you're interpreting my posts through a red pill lens, and finding what you want to see.
You don't?

Old 11-26-2018, 09:56 PM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Sorry, that is not the case as you can see from my transcript. If you hammer at them long enough and won't go away, they will offer you some sort of compensation. But there is no standard compensation that they offer when they do not meet their guarantee. They offered me nothing but an apology it till 3/4 of the way down the transcript despite my repeated question about what the guarantee is.
Quote:
Again, if you use a word like guarantee, there has to be a policy behind that use of the word, any employee should be able to answer the question of what that policy is, and it’s quite clear neither of those were the case. You’re hung up on the money aspect, I’m hung up on the principle.
TBH if you go back and look at your transcript with an open mind you might realize that your communication with the employee was not entirely clear. At no point do you actually ask what the company policy is regarding late deliveries. You badger the girl asking how they ensure that it doesn't happen again (knowing she has no control and can't answer that). The main focus of your conversation seems to be asking what the guarantee means and complaining that it's not a guarantee if they don't meet the deadline, almost as if you want her to promise you that it will never, ever, happen again. I think if you had been more clear in your expectations and less concerned about venting your anger over 'false representation', or however you choose to view their failure to deliver, you would have received a more satisfactory answer.
I'm also pretty sure that anyone who has ever worked in a customer service position handling complaints can tell you that the first thing they teach you is to listen, to empathize, and to apologize. They don't tell you to start offering monetary compensation right off the bat every time a complaint comes up.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:07 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,075,004 times
I just found eBay's Guaranteed Delivery. It's actually guaranteed.

Quote:
Buying items with eBay Guaranteed Delivery

How we'll make it right

If something goes wrong, you can select an option to let us know how we can make it right. Depending on the issue, you may be able to:
  • Receive a $5 voucher to use on a future eBay purchase (if shipping was free)
  • Get a refund for the shipping cost (if you paid for shipping)
  • Return the item for free and get a full refund
  • Let the seller know that you didn't receive your item
Buying items with eBay Guaranteed Delivery | eBay.html

Old 11-27-2018, 02:15 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
I buy on Ebay a couple times a month and I haven't seen this "Ebay Guaranteed Delivery" on the items I shop.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post

So basically the same as Amazon's guaranteed delivery. You either get credit or your shipping refunded.

But eBay doesn't guarantee shipping on all items. I did a search for size 9 woman's shoes, and got 1.6 million results. I then selected guaranteed 2-day delivery, which brought my results down to 700. Less then 1% of results were guaranteed shipping? And just since so many posters are claiming you can get free 2day shipping from just about anywhere, I wanted to see how many of the 1.6 million results offered free 2 day shipping that was guaranteed. 2 results came back.. Same shoe, same seller. So out of those millions of shoes, basically only 1 offered me the same level of shipping as Amazon.

Last edited by Sundaydrive00; 11-27-2018 at 03:43 PM..

Old 11-27-2018, 04:09 PM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post

That is how clear all of them should be. Customers should be able to find out what the policies behind guarantees actually are. If Amazon's had one, let alone had it posted on the site, it would have saved me a lot of time.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:15 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
Quote:
That is how clear all of them should be. Customers should be able to find out what the policies behind guarantees actually are. If Amazon's had one, let alone had it posted on the site, it would have saved me a lot of time.
From Amazon.com -

About Delivery Guarantees

We offer guaranteed delivery on certain fast delivery speeds and select products. When guaranteed delivery is available on an order, it will be clearly marked on the checkout page with an associated delivery date and fee (if applicable).

If we provide a guaranteed delivery date and a delivery attempt is not made by this date, we will provide a refund of any shipping fees associated with that order.

Note: The order within countdown reflects Amazon’s delivery capability at the moment the page was opened. The delivery day may become unavailable within that timeframe, prior to completing your order, due to changes in inventory or delivery capacity.

To inquire about a refund, please contact us and click "An Order I Placed." Select your order, then select Problem with an order > Shipping or delivery issues > Shipment is late.

Please see our Guaranteed Delivery Terms and Conditions for more details.

source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib/137-9558569-5967668?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201910130
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products