Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 11:22 AM

50,750 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Sigh. It wasn't about the compensation. For probably the 45th time.

I think this thread has long since outlived its' usefulness. I wanted to let people know, now they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 11:43 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Amazon thanks you. Now more people know Prime is the best thing going and it's competitors don't offer as much compensation when their shipping guarantees aren't met. And nobody gives you the order for free for being a few days late.

My takeaway from this thread - not one good case has been put forth for a specific competitor that offers faster and more reliable shipping at a better price.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Amazon thanks you. Now more people know Prime is the best thing going and it's competitors don't offer as much compensation when their shipping guarantees aren't met. And nobody gives you the order for free for being a few days late.

My takeaway from this thread - not one good case has been put forth for a specific competitor that offers faster and more reliable shipping at a better price.
I never tried to make that case. I never asked for a free order. I wanted to know what the policy is, I wanted to know how they stand behind the Prime guarantee, no one could tell me. I expected a standard policy such as the one posted from the Ebay site. I was shocked to discover there is no actual policy. I think it's shameful.

I did not extrapolate further from there. I never said "such and such is better" or "I'll never use Amazon again" (in fact I have spent a couple hundred since my original post here).

Old 11-28-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I never tried to make that case. I never asked for a free order. I wanted to know what the policy is, I wanted to know how they stand behind the Prime guarantee, no one could tell me. I expected a standard policy such as the one posted from the Ebay site. I was shocked to discover there is no actual policy. I think it's shameful.

I did not extrapolate further from there. I never said "such and such is better" or "I'll never use Amazon again" (in fact I have spent a couple hundred since my original post here).

My comment wasn't about you specifically.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
There is a policy. It has been posted multiple times on this thread. I don't know why you continue to pretend otherwise.

And eBay's "standard policy" applies only to those items that are sold as guaranteed delivery, which is a small percentage of items sold on their website. There are very few items sold through Prime that dont have a guaranteed delivery.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
There is a policy. It has been posted multiple times on this thread. I don't know why you continue to pretend otherwise.

And eBay's "standard policy" applies only to those items that are sold as guaranteed delivery, which is a small percentage of items sold on their website. There are very few items sold through Prime that dont have a guaranteed delivery.
It's not the policy for Prime. You are plain wrong.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:

It's the policy they provide for "guaranteed delivery". Where do you see that it excludes Prime?

Old 11-28-2018, 05:30 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's the policy they provide for "guaranteed delivery". Where do you see that it excludes Prime?
I'm going to need a stiff drink to continue with these circles.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I'm going to need a stiff drink to continue with these circles.

Translation: "I can't rebut your argument or answer the question but I still think I'm a funny man."

You're on a dead end not a circle.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:07 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
bought a desktop computer from Amazon a couple years ago. After a week it stopped working. Called Amazon, within 30 seconds, they arranged to send me a new computer and told me to keep the other one. Good luck doing that with other vendors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products