U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 10:38 PM

26,955 posts, read 53,820,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yeah the post office is a whole Nother story. I don’t even know why they have tracking, it’s worthless.
Did you keep your clients?
Good thing I mailed right after Thanksgiving... packages arrived to 4 of the 5 on December 24... the other one was away and not delivered because no one to sign for it.

I mailed once since and I stressed several times Austria... the place without Kangaroos!!!!.... it worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 10:49 PM

23,852 posts, read 18,037,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Amazon has the worst shipping, except for everyone else. Feel free to skip Prime and enjoy your faster and more reliable shipping elsewhere. Oh wait. That's right. We've forgotten the old days when most places didn't even tell you when they shipped something and you just waited 2-4 weeks. That we're here thinking Amazon should be groveling and begging forgiveness and giving us something free because an order took 3 or 4 days to arrive speaks to the level of service we have come to expect.
You haven’t read my posts if you think I want them to grovel. My objection is based on principle. You can’t just say something is “guaranteed” than not stand behind that in some way. What I wanted, was an answer to the question about how they stand behind their use of the word “guarantee” . Also evident is she had no answer. Words do mean something, despite the messages we keep getting to the contrary from on high.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:51 PM

26,955 posts, read 53,820,379 times
Sounds like a Class Action Suit in the making...

Old 11-17-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I could care less. Almost everything make it by the deadline, and if they give me a $25 credit for their rare mistakes, I'm good.

Out of all the people to whom I give patronage, Amazon repeatedly gives superior service. Sure they have messed up once in awhile, but I do a LOT of business with them.

I've never felt that I do not get my monies worth with Prime. When I do? I'll cancel.
I am usually happy with the customer service too, and in fact I don’t blame the girl at all. I think it’s pathetic that they require them to dance around questions like that in order to do their jobs.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:37 PM

4,256 posts, read 1,909,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Amazon has the worst shipping, except for everyone else. Feel free to skip Prime and enjoy your faster and more reliable shipping elsewhere. Oh wait. That's right. We've forgotten the old days when most places didn't even tell you when they shipped something and you just waited 2-4 weeks. That we're here thinking Amazon should be groveling and begging forgiveness and giving us something free because an order took 3 or 4 days to arrive speaks to the level of service we have come to expect.
That depends on where you live. As a non-prime Hawaii customer, I rarely got my order in less than two weeks; some orders took even longer, though occasionally something would take just a couple of days.

The biggest delay was that they routinely waited a week or more to ship items.

UPS occasionally sent my package to the wrong island, and I had to wait an extra couple days for them to sort it out.

When I ordered in Minnesota, I expected much faster delivery, but it took nearly as long.

I would guess you only get the fast delivery in high population urban areas. If I need something in a hurry, I buy local or on eBay.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:38 PM

197 posts, read 130,256 times
I would not have wasted my time contacting UPS, you had no contractual arrangement with them. UPS was acting as Amazon's agent, therefore Amazon is responsible and answerable for their actions.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwpi View Post
I would not have wasted my time contacting UPS, you had no contractual arrangement with them. UPS was acting as Amazon's agent, therefore Amazon is responsible and answerable for their actions.
I contacted them because the first Amazon agent said UPS held it when they shouldn’t have, and that per my history that she pulled up, this UPS facility routinely held my packages (like I said earlier, I didn’t pay that close attention to it normally but this was a special occasion) she went on to tell me they had been getting a lot of complaints about this. So I wanted to know if they honored Amazons 2 day on weekends and why my packages were held and whether future packages would be delivered on weekends. So I filled out a contact us form.

The next day, a woman from UPS called me. She told me that they do honor Amazons two-day delivery on weekends but that Amazon knows they are supposed to ship it second day air in those cases. She said this time they did not send it second day air it was shipped by ground which is why it wasn’t delivered in time.

That’s when I went back to Amazon the second time.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:30 AM

12,400 posts, read 5,134,858 times
Quote:
You haven’t read my posts if you think I want them to grovel. My objection is based on principle. You can’t just say something is “guaranteed” than not stand behind that in some way. What I wanted, was an answer to the question about how they stand behind their use of the word “guarantee” . Also evident is she had no answer. Words do mean something, despite the messages we keep getting to the contrary from on high.
You didn't answer my earlier questions. What did you think their guarantee was before you called? Or do you concede that it was not important enough for you to look into when you were joining the service?

You got your answer, you just didn't like it. The answer is that service issues are handled on a case by case basis, and in your case the adjustment was to be 10% or $10 off. Yes, you can just say something is "guaranteed" but fact is they did "stand behind it" in some way. $10 promo. The fact that you aren't satisfied with the compensation to back up the guarantee does not entitle you to say they don't back up the guarantee. And you can't say they didn't do everything they promised to do because, once again, you never bothered to look up what they were promising in the first place.

What you wanted was to harass a CS rep that you know good and well has no authority to say anything not in the script or grant any compensation outside their limits. She can only tell you what she can offer in your specific case not what she can offer in any potential other case.

Btw, I took a look at their Prime policy pages and could find nowhere that they used the term "guaranteed".

Last edited by oceangaia; 11-18-2018 at 01:43 AM..

Old 11-18-2018, 08:49 AM

15,356 posts, read 20,407,107 times
Quote:
I didn’t know anything about a free month, and neither agent said anything about it. Where is that form?

When I have a similar problem and complain, I'm almost always offered a free month of Prime. I'd estimate that I've received at least 18 months extra of Prime membership over the years.

I dont think the extra month of Prime is mentioned anywhere. It's just something the customer service reps know to give you. I've never had to ask for it.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:53 PM

1,132 posts, read 321,037 times
Quote:
Idk, you seem pretty fired up about a "guarantee" that was fulfilled and rectified on Amazon's part. As other posters have mentioned, there is no set guarantee, but it is handled on a case-by-case basis--of which extending the Prime membership by one month (aka $10) is the most common resolution.

As to knowing about that free month, a simple Google search would turn this information up easily. I certainly did my own research on others' experiences before diving in. Would you buy a $120 item on Amazon without reading some of the customer reviews?

I get that the chat exchange was maddening, but it's really a simple process: Just send an internal communication/email from the Amazon site to this extent:

My recent order of Giant Bag of Widgets, order number 123456, was guaranteed to arrive on 11/17/18. However, it did not arrive until 11/18/18. Please credit me a free month of Prime membership in accordance with the Prime shipping guarantee to make up for this delay.

That'll take you all of about 30 seconds, and, within 24 hours, your Prime account will be extended by one month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or