Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:29 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

As you can see by the transcript below. You will also see I sold my soul for $10, lol. But I am at least going to get this out to as many people as I can. I've been a Prime member for years and this was the first time I ever tried to test the "guarantee", because it was a present and I really needed it in the 2 days. I am still appalled that it's just an empty word. Is it even legal to say guaranteed if it doesn't actually mean anything??

Me: Yes. I spoke to an agent about this issue at length the other day. I complained because my guaranteed 2 day delivery for this item ended up being 4 days and I had to go to a birthday party with no present. I questioned what the guarantee actually is. The agent told me the problem was on UPS's end, that my shipment arrived in their facility Saturday morning but they held it until Monday. After I spoke to the Amazon agent, I then contacted UPS to complain. UPS looked it up, and told me they only guarantee Prime package weekend delivery if you ship in 2nd day air. They told me you shipped my item by Ground and that is the reason it was late. I want clarification, as this must be the reason many of my things are late. And I want to know, again, what the guarantee includes, since per UPS the error was on your end, not theirs.

You are now connected to Ayush from Amazon.com
Ayush: Hello, my name is Ayush. I'm here to help you today.
Ayush: Hello Ilene

Ayush: Please allow me a minute to review the order for you.

Ayush: Thank you so much for waiting.
Ayush: I have checked the details and I apologize the order was delayed to you,.
Ayush: We missed the delivery date for the order as the order should be delivered to you on 10th November however it was delayed by 2 days.

Me: Yes. So again what is the Prime Guarantee? Guaranteed in 2 days or what? You apologize?

Me: And how are we making sure this doesn't happen again?

Ayush: Yes, the order should be delivered to you in 2 days as Guaranteed.
Ayush: However, we failed
Ayush: Please accept my sincere apologies to you on this delay,
Ayush: I have taken this issue as a feedback already and i assure you we will make sure it is avoided at all costs in future.

Me: so again, how do you guarantee it? A 2 day delivery guarantee has to have something behind it. Again,
Me: "Guaranteed in two days" or what?
Me: I pay $120 a year, the guarantee cant just be "sorry, our bad". That is false advertising. Guarantee means just that.

Ayush: I can completely understand how you are feeling,

Me: No one has yet to answer me what the guarantee actually is.
Me: I'm not feeling anything, but not letting this go. This is false advertising

Ayush: That is completely justified as the reason for such issue,

Me: You can't charge people $120 a year in exchange for a guarantee that isn't a guarantee

Ayush: Yes I agree with you. That is not what we promised.
Ayush: We promised a 2 day delivery date which we were not able to deliver.
Ayush: We do our best to ensure that all of our customers' orders go as smoothly as possible and I am sorry this was not the case this time.

Me: Yes, and....again you're not answering.
Me: So you are saying that the guarantee is, "If it's not there in 2 days we will say we're sorry?" If you actually told people that, how many would get Prime? I am going to continue this with whatever government agency is in charge of false advertising.
Me: Someone should start a class action lawsuit. Everyone knows Prime items cost more because of that 2 day delivery.
Me: This is about principle.

Ayush: I apologize you feel that way,
Ayush: I can understand the reason for the frustration

Me: I want a manager

Ayush: To compensate for the issue, i can assist you with a 10% discount on the current order or i can offer you a $ 10 promo. Which option will you prefer ?

Me: I can't believe there is no actual guarantee. I will take the $10 but not letting this go. This is scandalous to me.

Ayush: I can understand your concern, which was happened to you.
Ayush: I have forwarded the issue and taken this as a feedback to make sure we work upon this. ‎AM

Me: If you buy a new swingset that comes with a 10 year guarantee it won't rust, and it rusts in 2 years, and you write them and they say "oh, we are so sorry, here's $10" how would you feel? Ripped off?

Ayush: I would feel bad certainly.
Ayush: I can see that you are our customer for a very long time, so I am sure you can see we always deliver our orders as promised.
Ayush: However, this was not the case this time. And i apologize for that to you profusely.

Me: Whatever. I know it's not your fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
You’re lucky it’s a UPS problem.

I get told same day or next day and when delivered by AZML (Amazon’s own logistics) it is late 50% of the time and “lost” 10% of the time. I now follow up so I can get those $10 credits or items reshipped.

I’ve come to realize that I can’t always count on Amazon and for some items now shop locally when they price match.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
You’re lucky it’s a UPS problem.

I get told same day or next day and when delivered by AZML (Amazon’s own logistics) it is late 50% of the time and “lost” 10% of the time. I now follow up so I can get those $10 credits or items reshipped.

I’ve come to realize that I can’t always count on Amazon and for some items now shop locally when they price match.
I also got $15 from the first agent I complained to, the one who told me it was UPS' fault. I was tenacious about not getting off chat without some kind of compensation. To me "guarantee" should mean my purchase price refunded, but at least I got half of it back. I am shocked that there is actually nothing at all behind the guarantee though! I only got money because I wouldn't let it go, so stick to your guns. I wouldn't have been able to find the item I bought locally, not in my area. I knew some of my packages were late some of the time and never cared enough to make a stink, but this was different as it was a present.

My real dilemma is going to be when my Prime renew is due again, because shameful as it is, I don't know that I'm ready to give it up altogether! It is the principle. I can't believe they make those agents dance around it like that. I would despise that job.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:59 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I also got $15 from the first agent I complained to, the one who told me it was UPS' fault. I was tenacious about not getting off chat without some kind of compensation. To me "guarantee" should mean my purchase price refunded, but at least I got half of it back. I am shocked that there is actually nothing at all behind the guarantee though! I only got money because I wouldn't let it go, so stick to your guns. I wouldn't have been able to find the item I bought locally, not in my area. I knew some of my packages were late some of the time and never cared enough to make a stink, but this was different as it was a present.
You think Amazon should give you your purchase for free because UPS left your package in their warehouse over the weekend? The guaranteed delivery refunds your shipping cost, not the cost of your whole purchase. Amazon was very generous to give you $25 for an item arriving a few days late.

Maybe look up what the guaranteed delivery actually means before picking another fight with customer service, who has nothing to do with your package arriving late.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201117450

Old 11-16-2018, 03:35 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
UPS Ground is supposed to have a guarantee based on origin and destination ZIP code. The Amazon rep who told you UPS Ground is not guaranteed is wrong; if the fulfillment center that is shipped from is within two-day guaranteed ground range then there is supposed to be a guarantee from the shipper's end.

Still, guaranteed delivery is supposed to mean that the shipping cost (which is paid by Amazon, not the customer if you are a Prime member) is refunded if the delivery is late; UPS nor Amazon can't do anything about refunding your entire purchase.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:07 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Won't be long before Amazon removes the guarantee.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You think Amazon should give you your purchase for free because UPS left your package in their warehouse over the weekend? The guaranteed delivery refunds your shipping cost, not the cost of your whole purchase. Amazon was very generous to give you $25 for an item arriving a few days late.

Maybe look up what the guaranteed delivery actually means before picking another fight with customer service, who has nothing to do with your package arriving late.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201117450
How does it refund my shipping cost when the shipping is free with Prime? It wasn’t UPS mistake, it was, per UPS and confirmed in the chat, sent by Amazon’s shipping department by Ground instead of 2nd day air. I wanted to know and still want to know what the Prime guarantee is (it’s not shipping fee refunded as again shipping is free with Prime). I asked both Amazon agents repeatedly to tell me what the guarantee is, and neither of them did, just kept repeating how sorry they were.

That link is not for Prime, it is for “special shipping options”.

If I buy a product that states “guaranteed delivery by Saturday if you order within 11 hours 37 minutes” that needs to mean something, it has to be backed up by something, and if you re-read my post you’ll see I asked them multiple times to tell me what happens if the guarantee is not met and I never got an answer. I pay $120 a year for that 2 day guarantee and I was and am within my rights to expect that they stand behind what they promise in exchange for that money.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-16-2018 at 04:28 PM..

Old 11-16-2018, 04:21 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Won't be long before Amazon removes the guarantee.
They might as well remove it now, as there is nothing behind it. They will certainly lose customers buying Prime benefits if they are ever that honest to remove it from the site though. They’ll just keep it up there knowing most people will take their $10 and go away.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
Usually I don’t care about the two days that much. I did this time cause I had to show at a birthday party empty handed. I like it because I can just order a bottle of shampoo for $4 and not have to search for $21 worth of other things in order to get free shipping. I use it mostly for everyday things like that. I also use Subscribe and Save which is a Prime feature, and gets an extra 15% off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products