Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 08:25 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,468,853 times

Advertisements

Last year I saw a dollhouse at one of those discount/treasure hunt stores and fell absolutely in love. I had one that I shared with my sister when we were kids that was lovely, but nothing compared to this. I didn’t have anyone to give this new dollhouse to, but I just felt someone should have it. It originally sold at Target under the Kid Craft brand. All wooden furniture of such amazing quality and it even had an elevator....It made me remember all the wonderful times I had playing with mine. I bought it and gave it to my school social worker who had her young adult children assemble it- which took over 4 hours- and they had the best time and were just as excited as I that a needy family with two little girls would receive it through the Toys for Tots program. It cost $129.00 and was worth every penny.

I recommend you check out Target. This dollhouse was truly spectacular and though the full price was listed at $200, the quality was undeniable. Every room was beautifully furnished. Only the dolls needed to be purchased and it was sized for Barbie type dolls. Just the furniture was worth $200! It was amazing.

I would have kept it for myself if I had room. I would have installed it on a wall for guests to enjoy or used it at work in my classroom; however I no longer have a dedicated workspace like that at my school.

Last edited by tangelag; 12-01-2018 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Added info about sizing, quality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 10:34 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Last year I saw a dollhouse at one of those discount/treasure hunt stores and fell absolutely in love. I had one that I shared with my sister when we were kids that was lovely, but nothing compared to this. I didn’t have anyone to give this new dollhouse to, but I just felt someone should have it. It originally sold at Target under the Kid Craft brand. All wooden furniture of such amazing quality and it even had an elevator....It made me remember all the wonderful times I had playing with mine. I bought it and gave it to my school social worker who had her young adult children assemble it- which took over 4 hours- and they had the best time and were just as excited as I that a needy family with two little girls would receive it through the Toys for Tots program. It cost $129.00 and was worth every penny.

I recommend you check out Target. This dollhouse was truly spectacular and though the full price was listed at $200, the quality was undeniable. Every room was beautifully furnished. Only the dolls needed to be purchased and it was sized for Barbie type dolls. Just the furniture was worth $200! It was amazing.

I would have kept it for myself if I had room. I would have installed it on a wall for guests to enjoy or used it at work in my classroom; however I no longer have a dedicated workspace like that at my school.

Yes, Kidkraft is what I will buy most likely, but from Amazon. The one I like is 129 on sale. I think the one you are talking about cost over 200 full price on sale for 129 but it's HUGE. Like over 5 feel tall and 5 feet wide. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products