Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 01:36 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times

Advertisements

I had a Prime payment deducted from my credit card when I must have made a mistake and selected it...didn't know I had done so and never used it for free or reduced shipping...when I discovered it on my bill, I disputed the charge and my credit card company removed the charge.

It must be easy to make this mistake was others have noted....

When I looked on the credit card statements from the previous year, I found another charge for Prime so Amazon got a year from me without me getting a benefit.

Taught me to be very careful in looking at my credit card statements as they come in...Amazon taught me to wise up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 01:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Here's the link to the machine.
https://www.amazon.com/Janome-Crysta...Sewing+Machine

It says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members."

It says that now, might change at any time. Non prime members can order from other vendors through Amazon, prices start at $142.

I see prime only offers like this occasionally, not every time I search.
It was just that specific color. You could have gotten the blue sewing maching for $10 cheaper.

And Home Depot shows it for $124.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:51 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,369,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
Can't you call amazon and dispute the charges?
No, because that may reveal that the OP isn't managing the online Amazon account properly and/or communicating with her husband.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,369,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
1. To be clear, it was NOT ME who did the ordering. It is Dh's account, he ordered for me.

He may have inadvertently clicked something that would invite Amazon to put a Prime charge on his account. I asked him but this was early December so he doesn't remember.

A co-worker of his uses Amazon frequently. According to him, just one wrong keystroke can get you something you don't want -- like a Prime account.

2. We never had Prime. DH MIGHT buy from Amazon once or twice in a year -- A Prime account would be flat out stupid.

3. The charge has been taken off his credit card, which --- he watches like a hawk so hopefully they don't put the charge back in, elst I will resurrect this thread and "go off on Amazon" again

4. The one good thing about Amazon is all the jobs they have brought to Tennessee.
Man, you really need to get your own house in order before you go off on Amazon. So your husband clicked on the wrong thing or didn't understand it. So he needs how to learn to use the computer and Amazon better. So much drama here over nothing, but you still blame Amazon which is so amazing. You guys screwed up here creating your own problems.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:54 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I've often seen that claimed, never once seen it proven.
I see price changes on items in my cart or saved for later all the time. They even have a notice at the top of the cart page that lists the changes. I've had several pairs of shoes in my save for later for weeks hoping for a price drop. At least one pair changes price every couple of days. Unfortunately, it's been big ups and small downs.

Best deal with that method: a $60 pool cover dropped to $15. Yeah I bought it.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:08 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
BTW: price change do happen. If they notice that you're interested in an item, next time you check on it the price might be higher. Same with airline tickets.
It's advised to clear the browser and cookies after each session.
Or the price might be lower. I see it all the time. Prices change at Amazon all the time. It's based on market conditions. Amazon doesn't use cookies for pricing.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:00 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I had a Prime payment deducted from my credit card when I must have made a mistake and selected it...didn't know I had done so and never used it for free or reduced shipping...when I discovered it on my bill, I disputed the charge and my credit card company removed the charge.

It must be easy to make this mistake was others have noted....

When I looked on the credit card statements from the previous year, I found another charge for Prime so Amazon got a year from me without me getting a benefit.

Taught me to be very careful in looking at my credit card statements as they come in...Amazon taught me to wise up!
I’m not defending Amazon but when I signed up for a Prime account the site told me I’m signing up for a Prime account and the cost. I remember the shipping charge and right next to it said “get this free shipping with a Prime account. I order way more than the $10/$12 a month fee would cover, and truthfully it gives me access to movies so it’s worth it to me. Unless you flat out just didn’t read I really don’t see how you accidentally sign up.

Quote:
I see price changes on items in my cart or saved for later all the time. They even have a notice at the top of the cart page that lists the changes. I've had several pairs of shoes in my save for later for weeks hoping for a price drop. At least one pair changes price every couple of days. Unfortunately, it's been big ups and small downs.

Best deal with that method: a $60 pool cover dropped to $15. Yeah I bought it.
See here is the thing with price changes. There is this button “delete from cart” ....takes me about 1 second to hit it and delete the item. I always shop around and if I find the part cheaper I buy there. Sometimes Amazon isn’t the cheapest

Old 01-28-2019, 07:18 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
User error, not Amazon error.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:14 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:

That's not at all what we are talking about. Of course, prices change. The allegation to which I was responding is that you see one (higher) price if you are logged in or have previously visited (as detected through cookies), and a different (lower) price if you log out and clear your cookies or use a different browser.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:18 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
See here is the thing with price changes. There is this button “delete from cart” ....takes me about 1 second to hit it and delete the item. I always shop around and if I find the part cheaper I buy there. Sometimes Amazon isn’t the cheapest

Another thing, unless I am completing the purchase right then I make sure all items in my cart are Saved for Later, so that they are not inadvertently purchased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products