Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 12:20 PM

15,128 posts, read 27,669,144 times

Advertisements

At the bottom of the page there is a section for help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 12:54 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
How exactly do you find these options? I am a prime user and when I am online with amazon there is NO place on the screen for customer service. there is no phone number no chat no nothing not even on the site map.

I had to contact them today about an issue, I had to google amazon customer service phone number and go through three different numbers someone had listed till I found one that worked.

They should have customer service in big letters right at the top of the page.
One of the last options in the drop down menu on the left side of the page is customer service. Click on customer service. Then at the bottom of the page there is

Need more help?
Contact us

Click on contact us, and it will give you the option to chat (online), call, or email. If you click call, you'll enter your phone number and as soon as a representative is available, they will call you. It usually only takes a few minutes, and you don't have to deal with all the prompts and wait times.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:56 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,538,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I don't remember exactly how it happened, but about six or seven years ago, I got an unwanted Amazon Prime membership. As I recall I was having to decline a "free" trial to Amazon Prime, every single time I made a purchase. After one purchase I notice a weird charge from Amazon for 1 cent on my bank card. I immediately got suspicious, and signed into my account. Sure enough it was showing me as a Prime member, which I immediately cancelled. If I had not spotted that 1 cent charge on my card, they would have scammed me out of a hundred dollars, the next month.

They do need to trick people. Everyday people are figuring out what a ripoff Amazon Prime is and cancelling their memberships. They need to be constantly tricking new people into the scam.
I can't disagree with your experience. But no, Amazon...one of the largest companies in the world with millions of Prime members, does not need business enough to trick people to sign up for Prime. Additionally, it's bad business. Amazon didn't get to be the huge, successful company it is by scamming people. And that's just a fact.

As I said, I ordered from Amazon for a long time before I signed up for Prime. And I ordered probably more than the avg person, because I didn't have time to go shopping. I never accidentally signed up for Prime or accidentally signed up for a free trial.

When I look at items on Amazon these days, underneath the price is a much lower price, but if you look next to it, it says, "This is what you would pay if you apply your Discover card cash rewards." I'm sure some people click on that item, and on applying the cash rewards, not noticing that they are spending their cash rewards. People can get in a hurry when ordering, and there's a lot of information on each page. Especially if someone isn't used to ordering online much.

If a mistake does happen, it's easy to call Customer Service, and they'll rectify it.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:54 PM

661 posts, read 874,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Transaction date 1/24, posted 1/25. Review of orders shows that the last thing I ordered was delivered 12/30, transaction date 12/29, posted 12/30. In other words, I didn't order anything in January, yet was charged.

I guess it's a nightmare trying to contact Amazon.com. Anyone else have this issue??
Yes, I had the same issues some years ago. Apparently is a renewal. Contact their customer service and ask.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:22 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,920,878 times
At one point, amazon was offering me a FREE trial of Prime and since I was ordering, I agreed. Got the free shipping. On the Prime selection, there was an offer to remind me when the FREE membership was about to expire. Sure enough, one day prior to expiration of the FREE trial, I received notification that expiration was imminent and I canceled.

Can't get much easier.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 AM

15,321 posts, read 8,926,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
At one point, amazon was offering me a FREE trial of Prime and since I was ordering, I agreed. Got the free shipping. On the Prime selection, there was an offer to remind me when the FREE membership was about to expire. Sure enough, one day prior to expiration of the FREE trial, I received notification that expiration was imminent and I canceled.

Can't get much easier.
Wow, lucky for you, you happen to be on line that day. If something had come up, you would have been out a $119 for an unwanted membership. Which is what Amazon is counting on. They know a lot of people are busy and won't see the message until it's too late.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The only problem I ever had is accidently ordering Kindle books. I hit the button to download a sample and I accidently push the "Buy" button. There is no way to disable One Click purchasing for electronic media which is extremely annoying. I contacted customer service asking about it, and the rep told me I could, but it does not allow it, probably to encourage impulse buying. So I don't feel bad at all asking for refunds with my clumsy button pushes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why not disable one click buying of it is such an issue for you?

https://www.amazon.com/cpe/manageoneclick

As I said in my post, there is no way to disable One-Click purchasing for electronic media. Unless that has changed (and it was some time ago when I tried to disable it), it was impossible to disable this for Kindle books.

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/d...ick-for-kindle

Old 02-11-2019, 09:09 AM

11,985 posts, read 8,320,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Transaction date 1/24, posted 1/25. Review of orders shows that the last thing I ordered was delivered 12/30, transaction date 12/29, posted 12/30. In other words, I didn't order anything in January, yet was charged.

I guess it's a nightmare trying to contact Amazon.com. Anyone else have this issue??
I hope it isn't the same as my experience. It happened in late August and took me nearly to Christmas to get it straightened out. They still send me fishing in my email wanting me to update my security info on various sites. If you ever get one of these call the site first and ask them if they have sent it to you.

They were able to exactly copy everything about the site's email perfectly so you couldn't tell it was a fraud.

These rats got in without Amazon even having a record of them being there and ran up big bills with my credit. It took over a month of calling and communicating with Amazon before they really started to take it seriously. Maybe they are more aware now.

Tell them right away to give you a case number and file otherwise every time you contact them you will have to start with your explanation all over again from scratch. Sometimes someone in the Phillippines , sometimes somewhere else. They will give you all their standard solutions which you have already tried and the online people don't have access to the kinds of tools necessary to fix this. You need someone higher up the chain of command.

I suspect the source of my problem came from a very professional, glossy mailer that came from TracFone in the snail mail promising me a discount when I renewed my annual payment. I went to the TracFone site and added my year's payment and TracFone has no record of it. So my warning is to never trust anything in the mail. Use your own information to connect and ask them if they sent you a discount coupon. My big mistake!

These people got into my email, my eBay account and PayPal. I lost my Prime account in the rearranging. Pay Pal and eBay stopped them but they were invisible on Amazon. Amazon later told me this was a very sophisticated group.

I won't go into detail about the hours or methods I needed because it will just discourage you. Hope using my suggestion to ask for a case number right away and hopefully some new awareness on Amazon's part it will be an easier experience for you than it was for me.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:00 PM

24,376 posts, read 25,884,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
Are you being charged for Amazon Prime membership, one you either didn't click you want or you didn't realize you clicked you want?
See post 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products